Lowering Spring choices for a 2014 CX-5?

Hey everyone. Just looking at my options, and haven't been able to find much imagery of the Megan Racing springs or H&R springs. I know the Corksport Springs are the lowest drop, and was just wondering if anyone had issues with them bottoming out like I've herd. I would love it if the Megan Springs were a lower drop since there cheaper. Just can't seem to get a solid number from them. The H&R springs are an option too but have people felt it wasn't low enough and got used to the look? (almost OEM). I have been looking through the forum and there's some great advice. Some of the pics dropped in the "lowered appreciation" are vague on their setups. Thanks in advance to anyone that has some advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20200824_015944_160.jpg
    IMG_20200824_015944_160.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 232
Hey everyone. Just looking at my options, and haven't been able to find much imagery of the Megan Racing springs or H&R springs. I know the Corksport Springs are the lowest drop, and was just wondering if anyone had issues with them bottoming out like I've herd. I would love it if the Megan Springs were a lower drop since there cheaper. Just can't seem to get a solid number from them. The H&R springs are an option too but have people felt it wasn't low enough and got used to the look? (almost OEM). I have been looking through the forum and there's some great advice. Some of the pics dropped in the "lowered appreciation" are vague on their setups. Thanks in advance to anyone that has some advice.

Unless you plan to do supporting suspension mods (much better dampers, camber and toe adjustment arms, etc.) I'd suggest you stay away from the 1st Gen CX-5 CorkSport springs.

My personal rule of thumb on most passenger cars is that a milder drop (say up to 1.5") is usually ok, as long as I get an alignment and they can bring the camber and toe back to OEM spec. Anything more than 1.5", and I would also be looking into dampers that can handle the aftermarket springs (or coilovers), as well as camber/toe adjustment kits.

Back