Lowered CX-5 Appreciation: Show me your drop!

View attachment 227092just had the car aligned last night and it feels great! Set to -1 degree camber all around. Tight on turns. Feels like I’m driving a compact and not a suv. Love it.
Stock shocks, Corksport springs and the Godspeed camber arms(you’ll need them!)

Corksport springs:

Godspeed arms:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Hi @Jef,

After drop with Corksport springs, let me know camber arms it help for what? Do you mean both front camber and rear upper camber should be replace them?

Don't think I quite understand people, who buy a comfortable tall SUV, then lower it to gocart height with the same comfort to follow.
But luckily people are different
😱

Don't think I quite understand people, who buy a comfortable tall SUV, then lower it to gocart height with the same comfort to follow.
😱

To each, their own. This thread is for showing off lowered CX-5s. If you're interesting in learning more about why they do it, I would encourage you to start a conversation with them using the private messaging feature. Thanks!

Hi @Jef,

After drop with Corksport springs, let me know camber arms it help for what? Do you mean both front camber and rear upper camber should be replace them?

The Camber Arm is for the Rear of the Vehicle, where as they Only make Camber Bolts for the front. With that being said I’d was able to adjust it back to factory spec (alignment) with my BC Racing Coilovers.

😱

same reason why anyone lowers any other SUV or truck?? Personal preference, some people prefer vehicles more low than high.

What suspension did you go with? I’m hearing people say they barely notice a difference vs stock on how it handles so I wonder how it really rides on BC racing coils 🧐
I don't have coilovers, just Koni Yellow Sport struts with Corksport springs and rear sway bar. Mine rides like a gokart.

settling = torn bushings (or more stressed, which will eventually tear), unless you for sure went around and loosened all the control arm bolts, and torqued them back to spec at the new ride height.
I am well aware, and honestly I am also aware that people will passive aggressively tell me things I should do/not do. I'm OCD as hell with all my vehicles, a squeak from anywhere is assessed LOL. Have Siberian poly urethane bushings coming in. All my stock bushings are A-OK though, I do my own work and installs unless it's outside of my tool boxes capabilities LOL So I am able to identify and diagnose worn bushings

I'm active then I'm not for a month on here so while I'm here I'll drop my recent pics 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20201108_143344.jpg
    IMG_20201108_143344.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20201108_144101.jpg
    IMG_20201108_144101.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_20201107_154923.jpg
    IMG_20201107_154923.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20201110_152931.jpg
    IMG_20201110_152931.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20201110_152044.jpg
    IMG_20201110_152044.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 350
I am well aware, and honestly I am also aware that people will passive aggressively tell me things I should do/not do. I'm OCD as hell with all my vehicles, a squeak from anywhere is assessed LOL. Have Siberian poly urethane bushings coming in. All my stock bushings are A-OK though, I do my own work and installs unless it's outside of my tool boxes capabilities LOL So I am able to identify and diagnose worn bushings

I'm not "passively aggressively" doing anything. I'm just conveying the facts about what most people think of as suspension "settling" is actually the rubber bushings ripping apart inside. You're free to do as you wish.

View attachment 227092just had the car aligned last night and it feels great! Set to -1 degree camber all around. Tight on turns. Feels like I’m driving a compact and not a suv. Love it.
Stock shocks, Corksport springs and the Godspeed camber arms(you’ll need them!)

Corksport springs:

Godspeed arms:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
Hey are you still happy with this set up? and with the -1 degree camber? I am about to get this done to mine, waiting on parts.

Hey are you still happy with this set up? and with the -1 degree camber? I am about to get this done to mine, waiting on parts.
Absolutely. Love the way the car rides and how you can throw it into a corner more now. Just waiting to find the right wheel and tire package now.

I have a shop doing it, I'm just showing up with the parts. More info on the front Camber bolts please?

Back