Lost Map and Music in CX-5

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
2021 GTR: Started vehicle and the unit down loaded the map program as usual and it was working along with the radio. I was checking the mileage etc on the steering wheel controls and noticed the infotainment screen was off/black. The back up camera works but, no radio or map fields. I removed and reset the Sim card. nothing I tried worked.
Help solve this issue please. Ed Hayes

Solution
The SD card was never removed when the car was on. I removed the SD card and started the engine. The NAV screen gave a warning to not be distracted and then the screen went blank. I reinserted the SD card and still no fix. HOWEVER: When I pushed down the music/voice rotary control, the system worked. Thank you Conrad16.5 for the suggestions and they were most helpful because, they eliminated some possibilites. Ed Hayes
What happened when you shut the car off and restarted?

The SD card should not be removed or inserted unless the car is off. Was it off?

With the car off remove the SD card. Leave the card out and restart the car. What's it doing?

If the issue is fixed shut the car off and reinsert the SD card, restart. Now what's it doing?

Upvote 0
The SD card was never removed when the car was on. I removed the SD card and started the engine. The NAV screen gave a warning to not be distracted and then the screen went blank. I reinserted the SD card and still no fix. HOWEVER: When I pushed down the music/voice rotary control, the system worked. Thank you Conrad16.5 for the suggestions and they were most helpful because, they eliminated some possibilites. Ed Hayes

Upvote 0
Solution
If you use the rotary radio control, I found it has three functions. 1. Push to first stop, turns radio on or off. 2. Rotation changes the volume and #3 if you push the on off to the second detente, it turns off the NAV system.

Upvote 0
Sorta like erhayes said.

My mother-in-law has a 2018 Chevy Malibu. It has an App screen that is always been on according to father-in-law who said don't mess with it (apps connects to wifi stuff).

We borrowed it for a trip and my wife played with the radio button. She hit it once quick and found it mutes the radio. She hit it and hold it for a bit and it shuts off the radio and app display.

Maybe that's something like what's going on with yours?

Upvote 0
Sorta like erhayes said.

My mother-in-law has a 2018 Chevy Malibu. It has an App screen that is always been on according to father-in-law who said don't mess with it (apps connects to wifi stuff).

We borrowed it for a trip and my wife played with the radio button. She hit it once quick and found it mutes the radio. She hit it and hold it for a bit and it shuts off the radio and app display.

Maybe that's something like what's going on with yours?
See post #3, the OP found the solution.

Upvote 0
Back