Looking for a little tighter response and lower stance, but still comfortable

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I want a small drop, and to stay with 17 inch, or within a +1 on the wheel/tires combo.

(uhm)

I want things just a little tighter feeling than now, a little closer to a mazda6 feeling.

Bad back prohibits anything bouncy, harsh, jarring, so I need to keep it very mild.

Would love to hear from others who have taken the leap... (2cents)

I have lower herniated disk and I did not have any issues yet, but is definitely pretty hard core, the Corksport setup.

The "mildest" drop would be with Eibach Sport springs (1" front and rear) if you can find a way to bring them in as Eibach does not import them. That will cost you and the other disadvantage (IMO) is that you end up with the same "Calif rake" you started with as the rear needs more of a drop than the front to level the car. That is why H&R springs dop the car 1.25" front and 1.75" rear.

H&R are what you want for lower stance improved cornering without making the ride hard. Corksport low is not a good choice off the bat unless you for sure want a very low ride height, and expect lower ride quality at the benefit of handling. No point in getting 1# drop, IMO.

Back