long crank time before initial start up help!!

02.5MP5

:
2002.5 protege5
hey guys i have a 2007 mazda cx7 with 70k i recently got my VVT and Timing chain done by mazda and the car drove fine for a while.. I dont think this has anything to do with the problem im having now, but the car cranks over for about 3 to 5 seconds before it starts. once it starts the car runs great and idles smooth no problem. what can this be? im stumped! fuel filter? fuel pump? any help would be great!!

thanks!!!

so the car only does this if the weather is warm out.. i replaced sparkplugs and battery is fairly new.

how is your starter? ever a dead battery?alternator? i know that less than normal voltage can cause longer starting times. other than that, i dont have a guess

how is your starter? ever a dead battery?alternator? i know that less than normal voltage can cause longer starting times. other than that, i dont have a guess
i havent got the starter checked or alt, but i did have a dead battery about 4 months ago but i replaced that and the car ran fine for a while. im going to get the starter and alt checked maybe that could be it.

well i got battery starter and alt checked.. all were good. im thinking it could be fuel related or sensor of some sort.. im stumped, any ideas??

I have the same problem with my cx 7 2008 with 30 000 Miles, when I start, engine cranks over 3 to 5 seconds before it starts. Do you cancel this problem? I talked with some guy about this problem and say me that can be problem with injection pump( there are some micro filters or valve etc.) and can be crashed . any ideas ? help!!!

figured it out.. its the EGR valve. clean it along with the egr pipe.. no more long starts. starts up first try. no need to buy a new one just clean it.

figured it out.. its the EGR valve. clean it along with the egr pipe.. no more long starts. starts up first try. no need to buy a new one just clean it.

Hey i have a question for you concerning the EGR valve. How did you clean it. did you use some instruction somewhere on the internet? i have the same problem and i know its the EGR valve.

Back