LOL @ Rav4

Yeah it’s been discussed earlier in this thread. 250 out of the 44,191 recalled vehicles will need a new engine. IMO this’s not a design issue, and the manufacturing issue in Toyota’s US plant has been fixed. Nothing to worry about.

On the list only one issue, engine block recall, caught my attention as others are minor, or really some of them are personal preference.

Over 44,000 cars and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years which spread into many models of Toyota and Lexus, are being recalled due to this issue. But only about 250 out of the 44,191 recalled vehicles will actually need their engine replaced according to Toyota.

Because of a manufacturing error at a Toyota factory in Tennessee from Sep. to Dec, 2019 where the engine block manufactured may be cracked. Specifically a water flow meter at the factory failed while some engine blocks were being cast. As a result, these blocks did not cool properly, which caused cracks to develop.

This’s not a design issue, and the manufacturing issue has been fixed. Not a concern to me at all.

Toyota and Lexus Recall Cars to Replace Engines

Well, what do people really know. Just read article saying RAV4 selling like mad in Canada. Best selling SUV/crossover. Outsold all vehicles except pickups.

They sell tons of the hybrid ones here, 22% of all sales. It's really got no hybrid competition, apparently. I'm not a hybrid guy so I'll trust the author.

No accounting for taste.

Well, what do people really know. Just read article saying RAV4 selling like mad in Canada. Best selling SUV/crossover. Outsold all vehicles except pickups.

They sell tons of the hybrid ones here, 22% of all sales. It's really got no hybrid competition, apparently. I'm not a hybrid guy so I'll trust the author.

No accounting for taste.
I find it interesting that hybrids are so popular in such a cold climate. One would think the lower temps would significantly limit the utility of battery operated vehicles. Obviously I'm wrong.

I find it interesting that hybrids are so popular in such a cold climate. One would think the lower temps would significantly limit the utility of battery operated vehicles. Obviously I'm wrong.

The utility is still good, but I was extremely surprised to see how badly gas mileage drops in those cold climates. You wouldn’t be wrong about that.

Had a 2007 Rav Limited with a V6, had it for 12 yrs and never had a problem,
Completely agree with this.

I bought a brand new 2007 Rav4 Sport V6 and drove it for 11 years and 150K miles. It was extremely fast and surprisingly sporty. Incredibly problem-free...other than normal wear items, I never had to repair/replace anything. The cargo space was also amazing. And I sold it for $8500 when I bought my CX-5.

But Toyota has really been complacent and resting on their laurels. The 2018 Rav4 was an ancient dinosaur that wasn't considered for 1 second when I was shopping for a new car.

⋯ But Toyota has really been complacent and resting on their laurels. The 2018 Rav4 was an ancient dinosaur that wasn't considered for 1 second when I was shopping for a new car.
No, since 2019 MY RAV4 came with new Dynamic Force 2.5L which has the best thermal efficiency among all ICEs, including Mazda’s SkyActiv-G’s, on the market. The new 8-speed step transmission are also more advanced and efficient than Mazda’s SkyActiv-Drive 6-speed automatic. The EPA fuel economy rating is the best in the compact CUV category. Not to mention the RAV4 hybrid has more horse power and the best 0-60 among the competitions.

Back