Load time for USB drive on CX-5

dasayheykid

:
Mazda CX-5, GT
Hey everyone.

I'm using a 32GB kingston data traveler usb key, formatted with FAT 32.
I've been messing around with the USB port for the stereo, and noticed that the access time for my MP3s are up to 4 minutes before the head unit starts playing. Once the songs are playing, accessing is fine. I have a iPod Nano that I tested out, but the read times on that are under 5 seconds.

What can be done to speed up the load times when using a USB key with our Mazdas?
Ideally I would like to use a larger 2.5 hdd.

Gonna keep testing, but hope anyone could share any experiences.
Loving this car BTW.

i assume it has to create a catalog at load time, and depending on how full and the length of the track names it could take a few min to gather all that data. does it do it at every car start, if you leave the Drive in between start ups? did u test a smaller usb drive? is there any data on the device other then music.

i assume it has to create a catalog at load time, and depending on how full and the length of the track names it could take a few min to gather all that data. does it do it at every car start, if you leave the Drive in between start ups? did u test a smaller usb drive? is there any data on the device other then music.

Yeah everytime I start the car the drive takes the same amount of time to read the files.
Going to try it with a smaller drive tonight. The 32 gb drive contains only music, but i suspect that I may have too many folders.
Will also try dumping all my files on the root of the key and see if that makes a diff.

Last edited:
Tried reducing the number of folders to 20, and glad to say that the key access time was almost instant.
Now time to organize my library for the car.

Seems weird that the Mazda Tomtom system has a limit of 2000 songs. Seems low to me.

Back