Live traffic in 2016?

:
CX5 '21 GTR
Updated my firmware to 55 and it seems that it introduced some traffic related changes. I can now enable just Traffic in addition to Historical Traffic, in traffic info it shows something that's called Events, hopefully that's what it reads from the radio or smth?
I didn't see any events on that screen today though. Did it work for anyone?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150606_175241.jpg
    20150606_175241.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 3,841
Last edited:
Any change in performance. Perhaps I just need to get used to it, but the interface isn't as smooth and quick to respond as say an iPad. Any changes to that with version 55?

I just brought the car to dealer and that was it.
I'm not sure if it's possible to update on your own.

Any change in performance. Perhaps I just need to get used to it, but the interface isn't as smooth and quick to respond as say an iPad. Any changes to that with version 55?

No performance changes. But it didn't seem slow to me actually. It takes some time to start up, after than it's doing fine. Probably b/c I was using portable Garmin before, and that one was really slow

Gazelle,
Would you please take a shot showing Traffic Settings(the option just cut off in your shot)? I would be curious to see if anything has changed. Thanks!

Updated my firmware to 55 and it seems that it introduced some traffic related changes. I can now enable just Traffic in addition to Historical Traffic, in traffic info it shows something that's called Events, hopefully that's what it reads from the radio or smth?
I didn't see any events on that screen today though. Did it work for anyone?

Mine shows Events (grayed out). Mine allows check mark to History or Traffic. Does it look any different that this (not been updated)?

The problem is, Mazda has no contract with a live traffic data service. Try setting a new destination, does the EVENTS screen ever go from grayed out to available and actually show any events? I'll believe it when I see it.

Also read:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123848708-2016-cx5-new-Traffic-overlay-won-t-work
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123848041-2016-CX-5-Traffic-Updates

Last edited:
Back