leak coming from under '14 CX-5

socalcx-5

Have had our '14 CX-5 GT for about a year now. Have noticed twice in the past couple weeks when we come back out to our car after driving for a while and then leaving it sitting for an hour or so, that there is a puddle of liquid nearby. Look underneath and there is a slow drip coming from the center/engine area.

I've put my finger in it and it's definitely not oil or coolant. No color and no scent. Hasn't been hot outside to make sense that it would be condenstation from the A/C, and it seems like water would have evaporated quicker. Anyone have any idea what it could be? transmission fluid? power steering? Haven't noticed any change in the car's driving behavior.

It is still most likely condensation. Confirm your AC is NOT running and see if you get the same accumulation. With the automatic systems/settings, it will use the AC as necessary until you press the AC button to "off".

I get small puddles of water under my car year round from the evaporator drain tube. Looking at FSM schematic that central location sounds like the appropriate location for the drain tube.

thanks, guys. Yeah doesn't seem to do it when the A/C hasn't been running. Still seems like more water than I would expect to drip, but I guess that's it.

Back