Latest tire info

I apologize in advance because tires have been covered extensively, and helpfully, here in the past...but is the Continental Crosscontact LX 25 still considered to be the a decent all-rounder to replace the standard Toro 225/55R19? I have found the Toro to be so harsh and incredibly uncomfortable that I can't believe it is fitted to any car. I understand the CX-5 is supposedly designed for drivability but it is like driving on rocks. I replaced the the two front Toro tires last year and now the rears need replacing....I'm wondering if I should just just replace all four tires with the Continentals. Thanks for any assistance.

First check tire pressure if you havent.

Yes. Those Continentals are still a recommended tire for the 19" size.
Of course it depends how much you can spend. Michelins are also good option but a bit more $$.
For cheaper options than the above two there were few other brands that have decent ride.

The ride on CX5 with the 19" is a bit on the hard side even with the best tires on the market. Although its known that the Toyo A36 is crappy especially when it gets older.

Funny, I have no complaints with the stock 19" tires on my 2018. Maybe I'm indiscriminate, but I've had tires on another car that I've returned. I guess I can look forward to really being happy with my next set when the factory tires are through.

I apologize in advance because tires have been covered extensively, and helpfully, here in the past...but is the Continental Crosscontact LX 25 still considered to be the a decent all-rounder to replace the standard Toro 225/55R19? I have found the Toro to be so harsh and incredibly uncomfortable that I can't believe it is fitted to any car. I understand the CX-5 is supposedly designed for drivability but it is like driving on rocks. I replaced the the two front Toro tires last year and now the rears need replacing....I'm wondering if I should just just replace all four tires with the Continentals. Thanks for any assistance.
For 225/55R19, plenty of info here:

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Continental CrossContact LX25 and General AltiMAX RT43 are 2 favorites by many forum members:

Tire Recommendations?

Continental CrossContact LX25 vs Michelin CrossClimate SUV (17 inch)?

Continental Crosscontact LX25 Tires

You can use the rating charts to find the tires you prefer by performance from different areas:

Tire Rack 225/55R19 Tire Ratings Charts

There’s $50 Visa prepaid card manufacture rebate on purchasing General AltiMAX RT43 tires between 3/1/2021 ~ 4/30/2021. You can get this rebate when you buy General tires from any tire stores.

GET UP TO A $70 VISA® PREPAID CARD With the purchase of 4 qualifying passenger General Tires

Here's a take from the most anal guy here, and I've even wondered if I'm somewhere on the spectrum. I'm almost always looking for the best-of-the-best (within monetary reason) of everything, even if only marginally better than the second choice.

The LX 25's are mentioned on almost every post, and rate uber high in Tire Rack ratings. I have if there is a better tire, which there may be, will be very marginally and barely detectable in all material respects - ride, comfort, noise, handling traction. So in this case, this nutso guy (did you see mypost on putting seat covers on a brand new Signature) would, as they say "set it and forget is" -in other words, just get the Conti's and stop researching (like me) for weeks.

Here's a take from the most anal guy here, and I've even wondered if I'm somewhere on the spectrum. I'm almost always looking for the best-of-the-best (within monetary reason) of everything, even if only marginally better than the second choice.

The LX 25's are mentioned on almost every post, and rate uber high in Tire Rack ratings. I have if there is a better tire, which there may be, will be very marginally and barely detectable in all material respects - ride, comfort, noise, handling traction. So in this case, this nutso guy (did you see mypost on putting seat covers on a brand new Signature) would, as they say "set it and forget is" -in other words, just get the Conti's and stop researching (like me) for weeks.
Hey....no need to apologize for being anal when it comes to research. Like you I have been known to overthink and over-research my purchases. After all, I went on to replace my old CX-5 with a newer model!! I will be replacing my Toyo OEM's this summer and have been researching tires for a few months now. The Conti CC LX25's seem to be the front runner at the moment as many might agree, BUT, I am always looking for new info on a new tire that might be a better choice. I have run Michelins for years but the new CrossClimate 2's don't rate highly in the Noise and Harshness areas compared to the Conti CC LX25's. So, the search continues....

just get the Conti's and stop researching (like me) for weeks.
+1 on the Conti's. I recommended them to my sister who just put them on her 2018 Outback & she loves them. I plan to put them on my wife's 2018 Outback shortly. I also have been big on Michelins for years but based on the Tire Rack ratings & my sister's experience I'll give the Conti's a shot. If I'm happy with them on my wife's car then they will probably be next on my 2019 GTR.

I'm exactly the same so I'm going for the the Continentals...Thank you everyone for the incredible insight.

Back