just upgraded my blue emanage to emanage gold :)

tekkie

Contributor
:
Spicy MSP
Carbon Turbo CX5
the gold version has some additional features, allows for output control so you could do water injection for instance, acceleration map, & its supposed to do auto tuning somehow I think

but the best feature is you dont have to close and reopen the darn program every time you turn the car on and off :) sweet

here is the pdf on how to do the hardware changes, it took a whole 2 minutes :)

you can download the latest software over here http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html#supporttool I am using 1.25 /1.47 now

Attachments

• BluetoGoldhowto.pdf
    224.9 KB · Views: 6,271
Hey-
Sounds pretty cool. I have been following the upgrades on the yahoo list. But there seems to be a lot of confusion of which software versions to work with???
I Have the Basic Blue running the original software that comes with it. Do I you know if I need to upgrade to 1.39v before downloading the gold stuff?
Basically can I just download the 1.25/1.47 and make the hardware shorts on my board.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=68524&t=68524&start=0

According to the above thread the autotune function replaces the boost sensor. So the WBO2 would have to be there all the time.

Unfortunately IYR that is my current setup. And neither is really autotunning...its more like running closed loop mode 100% of the time...

I am kind of hoping/dreaming that there is a way to really autotune, Meaning when running a WBO2 and MAP the Greddy calculates the actual fuel map. It is really a simple idea, then one can remove the WBO2 for other projects...

IIRC a HAU program or something, but I think the link is dead or something...

Any thoughts or ideas?

there is a tool called alphatools that is supposed to do autotuning, you connect the WB up to the second MAF, I have tried it and it works somewhat but did not work consistently

but for the upgrade it does not matter what version your running now by the look of it, you just do the hardware changes and then do the upgrades :) so far so good for me

you need to have at least microsoft framework .net 1.1 for this to work, I got it reading my Uego perfect, along with the boost, tps, rpms etc, but the graph of the a/f is not working but I think it has something to do with the xml s*** somehow :(

Attachments

• eManage.Tools.Alpha.zip
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,739
just solder, those things are so close together its simple to do, I just put a little dab of solder on the tip and touched the 2 leads and it was done

for the jumper I just cut a piece off a resistor I had, but obviously you could use wire or something also

so far 0 issues, car is pulling hard :)

I was able to download 1.25/1.47 w/o making the solder hardware connections... I'll admit I haven't tried using any of the new features... But I have a few Ideas of my own ;)

you can download it but it wont work, I tried that numerous times and from what I read so did many other people with the same results

did it take like an insanely amount of time to transfer? thats what mine was doing

Yes it took like 15 minutes to transfer, but it failed, when I tried it again it work in about 3 minutes. I'll have to make the shorts @ some point then then, I wonder what exactly they do? one must be to connect/link the TPS signal to the other maps and the other for the boost(looks like the VTEC can now be used as a boost controller under NVCS :) w/ a darlington or mosfet ;) -- when I get the time I'll work on that...Gotta go skeet shooting today...

Sounds easy enough. thanks!
tekkie said:
just solder, those things are so close together its simple to do, I just put a little dab of solder on the tip and touched the 2 leads and it was done

for the jumper I just cut a piece off a resistor I had, but obviously you could use wire or something also

so far 0 issues, car is pulling hard :)

ok just got this done, at least the soldering part. man those leads on the chip are fricking tiny as hell. I filed my soldering iron to like a needle point, then melted a tiny dap of solder on the iron first then just touched the 2 leads. You almost need a magnifying glass to see though!

lol yeah they are small for sure, if its done right you should see a k at the end of your version now :)

tekkie said:
lol yeah they are small for sure, if its done right you should see a k at the end of your version now :)
I'm in the car right now downloading the "update" it says i need. This is the first time I've ever even turned the key on since I've got the emanage wired in.

tekkie said:

Where should i see the "K" at? and how do you install the update you guys were talking about?

I downloaded it from the site you posted

Last edited:
I don't have any...
Since installation and a some fine tunning in the beginning, it was pretty much set it and forget it...

I downloaded the even newer version 1.25/1.48 to the computer, but haven't gotten around to the EM unit yet(no one seems to know what it is anyway..)

Not sure how Trbomp5 made out???

Last edited:
i did all this and it owrked, I see the K at the end of the 1.47.

Was just wondering about inputting the A/F meter. I see where you can now pick it on the things you want to trace, and i see you can pick it in the set up screen, but where do you hook it up to the emanage at? Like where at on the harness plug?

I still have some extra wires i just need to know where to hook it up at

Back