Just heard the delivery time on my MZ3

RedDragon

:
2006 MZ3
Well, first of all, to give you all a little history, I have been driving my 1995 Honda Civic for the last 9 years. This past Monday, after many many kilometers, she finally decided to move onto Honda Heaven.
I had seen this coming, and had already looked into a replacement, a new MZ3.

Monday night I went into the local dealership and bought a GX with the convience package in Titanium Grey. They didn't have one on the lot and were going to track one down. Well I just got a call, and they found one for me and it is going to be delivered..... in January 2006! (boom07)

So, I figure that an upgrade is in order... I decided to go with the GS with a delivery time of... still undetermined...

Oh the pain!

very worth the pain my friend.
welcome to the boards, you are going to love your new car. Not to put down honda because they are realiable rides, but you will notice wuote a difference on the mazda, much more refined.
let us know when you are getting it, options? color?

ZoomVT said:
very worth the pain my friend.
welcome to the boards, you are going to love your new car. Not to put down honda because they are realiable rides, but you will notice wuote a difference on the mazda, much more refined.
let us know when you are getting it, options? color?

I am eagerly anticipating my 3 GS (Canadian model). It is the base, not adding any of the packages on. I was originally going with the GX base model with the convience package (power doors, steering wheel etc) but when I was told by the dealer that delivery would be in January, I decided to upgrade.

I am still not sure when it is going to come in, but I know it will be Titanium Grey....yummm (cheers)

About the Honda's.... I loved it, and might have bought another one, but I had many bad experiences with the local dealer, and swore off buying another one as long as they were the only dealer in town. (deadhorse

Well, just got a call from the dealer, they found a GX, I was all stoked until I hung up and realized what he said.... called back and confirmed that they found the model down... kinda bummed out now... calling him back to tell him that I want the GS now instead.

Well, they can't get me a GS unless I ungrade... which I will not do. Oh well, at least I am still getting the car that I originally wanted!

Dood go for the GT. My GT FULLY loaded (minus leather) was only like 23 bucks more a month.. You CAN'T go wrong!

Je5ter said:
Dood go for the GT. My GT FULLY loaded (minus leather) was only like 23 bucks more a month.. You CAN'T go wrong!

I had looked into it, but it was going to be too much more per month. In the end, I am still getting a sexy car, and I really don't need all the bells & whistles... have to have something to look forward in a next vehicle. (drive)

I got a Titanium Gray M3 S Touring Manual just two days ago (US model, not sure what the equivalent is up there).

The color is gorgeous on the 5-door, should be great on the 4-door too.

I hope you are getting your M3 with a manual transmission. I have enjoyed my new M3 so much this weekend that I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to drive it again.....

Mazda3Rookie said:
I got a Titanium Gray M3 S Touring Manual just two days ago (US model, not sure what the equivalent is up there).

I hope you are getting your M3 with a manual transmission. I have enjoyed my new M3 so much this weekend that I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to drive it again.....

Oh, it definitely is the 5 speed. I can never see myself driving an automatic. I am currently driving my wifes car till the MZ3 comes in, and I find it boring to drive.

The colour is hella sexy... I could have upgraded the trim level for cheap, but for me the colour and 5-speed was more important than the bells & whistles.

hell yeah the color is hot.
give it a nice wax job and the color just pops even more.

Mazda3Rookie said:

Apparently the dealer too thought the color to be hot... He wanted $200 more for the Titanium Gray than for the Winning Blue other S Touring Manual he had.

After a couple of classic car buyer lines such as "I walked away once, I'll do it again" or "I'm in no rush to buy today", the Sales Manager finally gave up and sold me the car at the price I wanted....

Mazda3Rookie said:
Apparently the dealer too thought the color to be hot... He wanted $200 more for the Titanium Gray than for the Winning Blue other S Touring Manual he had.

After a couple of classic car buyer lines such as "I walked away once, I'll do it again" or "I'm in no rush to buy today", the Sales Manager finally gave up and sold me the car at the price I wanted....

Those damn shisters... I am really hoping that my dealership turns out to be good... My wife drives a Saturn Ion, and the other day I had it throw a check engine light, so I take it into the Saturn dealership, they are just getting ready to close for the day, but they still take the car in and wash it after, then to boot call the next day to make sure everything is okay.
Sadly, I have a feeling that I won't get the same service from my Mazda dealer (notcool)

RedDragon,

you may have not much leverage on price, since you basically ordered the car (I got one of those on the lot), but do not assume you can't wak away if the price is not right. Just be ready to do so, or the dealer will easily call your bluff...

Can't comment on the service yet (only 210 miles on the car yet :)) I plan to take it for service to the same dealer where I got the car. The shop area looked very clean and neat, people friendly and they claim I need no appointment. They got a waiting area with wired and wireless network and the service price list the salesman gave me showed reasonable prices for this area (Boston 'burbs).

The one thing I didn't like was their "pitch" about the oil changes needed every 3500 miles... The M3 owner's manual recommends every 7500 or 5000 depending on driving conditions.

Well, I'm not leaving the service guys ripping me off after the hard fight I put up on the price of the car...

Back