Just Bought a Mazda5

Captain KRM P5

Contributor
:
2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P
Just picked up a Mazda5 Grand Touring, really enjoying it. I needed something to haul parts, haul the baby, haul the wife and not chew up gas like a truck so this was the answer. Its Black with all the options (leather, moonroof, 6disc, navigation, remote start, etc). Sticker with all the options was right around $25,000 and with TTL etc I paid $23,000.

My only gripe is that not one stinking dealer in the country had a five speed (yeah, i got an AT :( ). Mazda does not even have them in the pipeline to be delivered. I could not even find a lightly used one with a manual within 300 miles of me. I could have done without the navi, but I was a stickler for having it in black and if I couldn't get a stick I wanted a GT model.

So i'll be spending some time in this section some more and maybe do some parts for it if people are interested. Premacy badge and shorty antenna are already on the car :D

It seems that always happen when i am looking for a vehicle, but when your not, their everywhere! Glad you got a mazda5, hope you enjoy it and also I'll be looking in the future for some more mods. (cheers) Angelo

just a question. mine came with blacked out taillights (which i like with the black paint). everyone else i see has chrome taillights. which models came with black housings?

I know that my sport 06 has the chrome ones, but i think that the GT's have the black ones. I haven't seen one yet on the road maybe when i go the dealer i might see one.(cheers)

Captain KRM P5 said:
just a question. mine came with blacked out taillights (which i like with the black paint). everyone else i see has chrome taillights. which models came with black housings?

bring the pics Ken.

(woowoo) Keeping Mazda "in the Family"...Nice choice and be sure to get those (pics) up ASAP!

What's the deal the lack of 5spds in the pipeline?

Antoine said:
What's the deal the lack of 5spds in the pipeline?

you have to special order a manual transmission right now. there are none in dealer inventory nationwide and none scheduled to be delivered either. mazda usa required that each dealer stock at least one with a manual initially, so dealers went around that by ordering one with the least amount of options, etc. when the cars would not sell, the dealers would tell mazda that the five speed models were slow sellers. mad props to the dealer network for screwing the enthusiast community once again.

my other choices were Mini Cooper S, WRX wagon and Mazda6 wagon. The Mini Cooper S is a rip off for the size of car that it is, baby bimmer or not, and didn't satisfy my cargo requirements. the WRX wagon starts at $25,000 now for a bare bones car. Mazda decided in thier infinite wisdom to delete the manual transmission option for all Mazda6 wagons. Price again was up there.

So for a few grand less I got a much nicer car with alot more goodies, an extra two seats, alot more room and alot more weird looks from other drivers. Now I have an excuse to beat up the 4spd AT so I can do a 5spd swap. (freak) Aric already contributed to the cause when a Prius challenged him to a drag race. Mazda: 1, Toyota: 0

I'll get some pics up soon. I intend to drop it and tint in the next week and make it look a tad meaner. Anyone here have any advice or experiences I should know about? thanks!

Back