2017~2024 Just bought a 2019 Signature

61554895_10157874861007323_2374730672574038016_n.jpg

Hi,been lurking here awhile as I bought a 2016.5 CX-5 new and enjoyed it very much for 133,000 kilometers. Took it in for service Monday and the dealer recommended new front brake pads,new drive belts,new spark plugs,along with the oil change and regular stuff. Bill came to 750 Canadian dollars,so I was asking the sales lady when she was getting a Signature in and she said"We have one now,and if you buy it we will cover your bill" I had my German Shepherd with me,so taking a test drive then was not an option, I don't think they would appreciate muddy feet and hair in a new car,but I made an appointment and went back the next day and drove a black Sig. After a few miles of winding country roads,a little highway, some around town,I cranked up the new Bose 10 speaker stereo and Pink Floyds "Hey You" came on crystal clear,that was the moment I decided I'm buying one of these. Not a thing wrong with the 2016.5,just that this one is SO much nicer,like a whole new class of vehicle.
So I went back and asked the dealer when they could get me a Soul Red one. "Tomorrow". I picked this up last night and so far have driven it to work. So I spent 43,000 to get out of a 750 dollar bill,good thing I studied economics.

I can't wait for the drive home!

LOL. Sounds like Uno. :D

Just so you know when you reach that point again, dealers charge like $200-$300 for spark plugs, but you can get them for $50 yourself and takes about 15 minutes to do the job yourself.

Yea,when I asked the price of the plugs they said "37 dollars apiece" I said,"What you don't have any of the good ones?"

Yea,when I asked the price of the plugs they said "37 dollars apiece" I said,"What you don't have any of the good ones?"

4 of the OEM plugs run about $100. Turns out they are just NGK plugs with a Mazda logo printed on them, and the NGK's can be bought 4 for about $50.

4 of the OEM plugs run about $100. Turns out they are just NGK plugs with a Mazda logo printed on them, and the NGK's can be bought 4 for about $50.

I just installed some of those $37 plugs last week. Car ran fine but felt a little sluggish. I didn't want to take the chance on a non-OEM plug. I wanted to be confident that the plug swap had the intended result, or at least eliminated one of the possibilities. I've seen about a 2 mpg improvement and a little better throttle response since the change. For reference: 2014 GT with 80k on the odo.

I just installed some of those $37 plugs last week. Car ran fine but felt a little sluggish. I didn't want to take the chance on a non-OEM plug. I wanted to be confident that the plug swap had the intended result, or at least eliminated one of the possibilities. I've seen about a 2 mpg improvement and a little better throttle response since the change. For reference: 2014 GT with 80k on the odo.

I bought the OEM plugs and they literally had the NGK model number printed underneath he Mazda logo...

So I definitely feel like I overpayed by $50.

I bought the OEM plugs and they literally had the NGK model number printed underneath he Mazda logo...

So I definitely feel like I overpayed by $50.

That was first time I ever bought OEM plugs. Always used NGKs in the past. I had a chain saw that I tuned up this spring and bought an off brand plug. Ended up having to buy the "right" plug a day later. Guess I was a little paranoid going into the CX-5 plug change.

61554895_10157874861007323_2374730672574038016_n.jpg

Hi,been lurking here awhile as I bought a 2016.5 CX-5 new and enjoyed it very much for 133,000 kilometers. Took it in for service Monday and the dealer recommended new front brake pads,new drive belts,new spark plugs,along with the oil change and regular stuff. Bill came to 750 Canadian dollars,so I was asking the sales lady when she was getting a Signature in and she said"We have one now,and if you buy it we will cover your bill" I had my German Shepherd with me,so taking a test drive then was not an option, I don't think they would appreciate muddy feet and hair in a new car,but I made an appointment and went back the next day and drove a black Sig. After a few miles of winding country roads,a little highway, some around town,I cranked up the new Bose 10 speaker stereo and Pink Floyds "Hey You" came on crystal clear,that was the moment I decided I'm buying one of these. Not a thing wrong with the 2016.5,just that this one is SO much nicer,like a whole new class of vehicle.
So I went back and asked the dealer when they could get me a Soul Red one. "Tomorrow". I picked this up last night and so far have driven it to work. So I spent 43,000 to get out of a 750 dollar bill,good thing I studied economics.

I can't wait for the drive home!

Is that 43,000$ tax, PDI, blah blah blah all in, including financing charges?

No,it said 43,600 on the bottom line on the window sticker,but,this is Canada where prices are crazy high, and its getting harder to keep your guns.

No,it said 43,600 on the bottom line on the window sticker,but,this is Canada where prices are crazy high, and its getting harder to keep your guns.

F

Yeah, my CX5 GTR came out to about 42 out the door after everything including - equity from my 2015 Touring CX5 (got 9200 on trade-in, not bad!) and the 10 year 150K mile bumper to bumper comprehensive warranty.

I'm in Ontario. Don't pay 1 red cent over 38,500$, INCLUDING a warranty. Before tax and crap.

Take my word on it. It can be done lol.

I don't want to spoil the party -
Its actually worse than Unob. 80K miles driven in 3/4 years on 16.5 and bought a new Signature 2.5T. So ate the max depreciation curve on 16.5, bought a new car which will cost more to run specially in Canada and will be hit with max depreciation curve here as well. Insurance rates go up, wont come down as fast as the car would depreciate (20K + miles a year). Still cheaper than a Lexus RX so its a sensible splurge.

I never have been a good negotiater and I'm sure I could have done better,but I got the car I wanted. Also,it may be my last one,Im retiring soon. Ive got the Harley and the car,don't need much else.

I never have been a good negotiater and I'm sure I could have done better,but I got the car I wanted. Also,it may be my last one,Im retiring soon. Ive got the Harley and the car,don't need much else.

Don't worry my friend - neither am I.

I used a service called CarHelpCanada - Got the lowest price through them - no negotiating at all. They prenegotiate with all of the Dealerships to get the lowest-possible price.

I'm glad you got what you wanted.

btw, great colour - I got them same ;)

I mean this in a sincere way and not the ironical internet meme but cool story brother. Reading your post I felt like I would do the exact same thing especially if the rep cleverly offers that type of 'trade'. The fact that you've racked up 82k miles in 3 years is insane to me...You must be in the vast open Western provinces I imagine. Hope the laws loosen for y'all up there as well and hoping to mimic your inventory one day, Signature, dog and bike (Jap version though can't handle big old Harleys).

I mean this in a sincere way and not the ironical internet meme but cool story brother. Reading your post I felt like I would do the exact same thing especially if the rep cleverly offers that type of 'trade'. The fact that you've racked up 82k miles in 3 years is insane to me...You must be in the vast open Western provinces I imagine. Hope the laws loosen for y'all up there as well and hoping to mimic your inventory one day, Signature, dog and bike (Jap version though can't handle big old Harleys).

Its pretty typical. I work 3 days a week and have 8200mi on my Cx5 so far. My old one, i bought in mid 2015 with 27,700ish. Got rid of it about 4 months ago with 106k mi on it. 25 to 30k a year.

Yeah if I was still living where I was when I bought my CX-5, I'd easily have 150k on it by now instead of just shy of 82k.

So I spent 43,000 to get out of a 750 dollar bill,good thing I studied economics.

Yeah, sounds familiar. I was driving a BMW Z-4. While under CPO warranty LOTS of expensive repairs were done (retractable roof, differential, etc). Trusted mechanic told me all the things that would be needed in the next 12 months, on my dime. Liked having a roadster but needed something more practical and less expensive to maintain. Going to miss the Latte Bar at the BMW dealer, but not the cashier's desk.

Latest posts

Back