JosueP5's '03 Protege5 Build Thread.

Gotcha. At one time, I had the Katskin leather in my P5. Summer wasn't bad with them. I can't remember ever being uncomfortable. Winter... yeah... definitely cold.

Damn, that's a clean install, Josh! Looks good. I bet it was nice to work on your own car for a change too, eh? heh-heh

Gotcha. At one time, I had the Katskin leather in my P5. Summer wasn't bad with them. I can't remember ever being uncomfortable. Winter... yeah... definitely cold.

Summers suck too in these. Back sweat FTL...

Damn, that's a clean install, Josh! Looks good. I bet it was nice to work on your own car for a change too, eh? heh-heh

Haha....it was just nice to work in somewhere dry and warm for a change! (at work)

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Oh believe me...I've been ON him! haha (no homo)

He would be the most deserving person to have my car, and I'd LOVE to be able to pass it onto him. He's trying to work it out now, but in the mean time, I have to continue trying to sell it.

Saw your thread Josh and :( but understand. Good luck getting that 6 wagon....very jealous of ya. Last summer I found three of them at one dealer and took a drive to take a look at them. I promptly left after being there about 10 minutes...they were in bad shape and overpriced.

Only fitting that Evan buys your car for the shell, he'll then be reunited with his FSDE. lol

I have this one at the dealer in mind, or my neighbor's. He's what sparked this whole deal with me! This time last week, I had no intentions of getting rid of my car. LOL He got the idea to check out some cheap MS6's in the area, then that got me to thinking how much he'd want for his 6 wagon? I LOVE the fact of how clean my car is, and how I know it inside and out by now, and...who would give that up, right? But, he's the original owner, I know he takes care of his cars, and it's got some light mods already, so I'd feel comfortable in that car for sure. The only downside is, it's been an Ohio car it's whole life. Not that it's going to rust out from underneath of me anytime soon, just that it's not as clean as my car.

The dealer one is nice as well...'04, one owner, 108K (neighbor's has 108K as well, but his is an '05) and it's got heated leather, neighbor's doesn't. Plus, even though I trust his work and all, I'd almost rather have an untouched car. They're asking $7000 for it, and $7750 OTD. No way I'd pay that much though, so we'll see how it all plays out in the end. I'd really like to be able to buy a new car with the money from selling mine, and not have to bring any to the table, but I don't think I'm going to be able to sell my car in time to pick up on this dealer car, or sell it for enough to cover the cost. My neighbor isn't dead set on this plan either, he keeps going back and forth on whether to keep his car or not. Although, I think if I called him up like...."hey dude, I got a buyer for $6000 right now and I want your car...what are you gonna do?" I think he'd be more motivated to sell and settle on a MS6. lol

LOL....I feel your pain. I went through the same thing last year....was just in an accident, rust was getting worse, noticed the rear main seal was leaking and a few other things so I seriously thought about trading it in....was looking at the Mazda2's, was very close to buying an MS6 in WWP...mmmmm and those three Mazda6 wagons I mentioned before. *shudders* Finally decided that it was in my better interest to just keep her for now and keep up with maintenance so she can stay on the road. My daughter will get her license in a year and a half and the P5 would be a nice first car for her and I can look for something newer then. No since in trading it in now and getting squat for it, taking on another payment and then looking for a car for her.

Between the two of them you have a tough decision to make. On the one hand you have an untouched car...how much of the history does the dealer know?....on the other you have a lightly modded one that you know was taking care of mechanically. As for your neighbors and it being an Ohio car just go apeshit it on it with the rustproofer like you did the P5. :)

And should neither one happen, at least you got a nice DD in the meantime that you know in and out so the way I see it, it's a win-win situation for you. But if you get a buyer for your car at any price your neighbor should take it for his wagon seeing that he started this whole thing. lol

I don't think the dealer knows much. They said it was a trade in, but I'd be willing to bet it was bought at auction. It was offered for sale in IL at some Benz dealer, then next thing you know it's here in Northeast Ohio?? Carfax is still listing it as one owner though, so that's good. And there are 12 or so maintenance records on there too, it appears as if they took care of it. Serviced at a Mazda dealer most of the time.

And as for my neighbor's, rustproofer only prevents rust from starting, not much can help it once it's started! lol He also had some repair work done at a less than reputable body shop. Ran over something in the road and damaged some suspension, wheel, gas tank, and floorboards. He was having a fuel issue, car wouldn't start or something, he traced it back to the gas tank. Pulled it down, and there was a RECEIPT from the junk yard INSIDE THE TANK! He's also got 4 kids, so it's not 100% clean inside, but nothing a good detailing couldn't fix.

Tough one for sure! I don't know if he's waiting on me to buy his car or what? He doesn't seem to know what he wants though, so I don't know how to take him.

Sounds like it was def. bought at auction and don't believe the salesman! Guy who works for me is being runaround right now by the dealer but for a little differnet reason. He bought a 2011 MX-5 last fall and after he showed it to me I asked if he was going to buy snow tires. He said no as it should have come with all-seasons....I tried telling him that they don't come with a/s but he told me the salesman told him it would because of the region we lived in, first lol. Well, January is almost over and he's hating the summer tires and is back to going round and round with them and last I heard is waiting word from Mazda on whether they will foot the bill for them since the dealer doesn't want to. Second lol is that over the weekend, a tech told him that he might need new wheels too since he wasn't sure if a/s would fit the stock 17's?!?! That s*** had me cracking up.

Hmm, well that sucks about the rustproofer...what about Por-15 and then rustproofer over top? OMG....I would have been so pissed if I was him and I have two kids so I can imagine what the interior has been through. lol

Good luck in your decision and in the meantime try to sweet talk the Godfather into selling his. My attempts didn't work. :( lol

Haha....I want to be in the club WITH him, not kick him out! (lol2)

There are so many variables to this situation right now, it's hard telling how it's going to pan out. First up, I need to hear back from the mechanic about what's wrong with my car in the first place! Hard to sell or trade a car in that's not running! If the fix is small, < $500, then I wouldn't feel awful about losing that money, since it doesn't up the value or anything. Just bad luck and something I have to swallow. If it's something much more serious, upwards of $1000, then I'll likely have to keep it a while longer. We can afford to bring some money to the table right now, but not $2000+ or anything.

Gotta see if Evan can make this deal happen, or if I can sell it on my own at all. Gotta see about a trade in once I get it back. IF it's a good price for my car, then the long, painful process of demodding the car, waiting to sell everything, boxing, shipping, paypal fees being deducted, shipping costs all over the board, kind of a pain sometimes!

Or, if all else fails, I just keep the car I guess. It's an awesome car, and will suffice just fine, I just got the idea for something bigger in my head. Like, if we want to load the dogs AND the baby up, it'll have to be in the wife's Trailblazer since the P5 is on the small side. Even longer trips or something, I don't think the P5 will have enough space for all the baby crap we'd pack. We're over packers. LOL And, I'm really just not that into a modified car anymore. I wasn't when I got the car either, but it was a good deal I couldn't pass up. And I guess it was fun to buzz around in a fun, modified car one last summer before the baby gets here. That's why I started to demod before all this, but stock for stock, a 6 wagon would be better.

lol

Yeah, def not an easy decison no matter how you look at it. Should you keep the P5 though, just buy a cargo box for all of those baby needs, then you can still take the puppies with you. :)

P5-CargoBox.jpg
[/IMG]
Oh wait, that's doing it wrong, something like this.... :)
Blue-July2320103.jpg
[/IMG]

My wagon is never leaving me unless it dies. It is one of the manuals that were made and I got go test all of the Mazdaspeed parts for it too! If the car gets to acting like Christine, I may part ways.

Welp, car's finally sold locally. I hope the new owner has fun with it! And I really hope that issue is gone. I feel guilty selling it with the possibility of that issue, but I can't hang onto the car forever because of that, and it's an awesome car otherwise!

I was getting ready to put in on Autotrader, but I got a bunch of hits on craigslist all week, and a young girl finally came through and bought it yesterday morning for $6000. I took all the mods off I could, so I could recoup some money. All that was left was; lowered, summer wheels, magnaflow exhaust, HID's, and my audio stuff. All things I didn't feel like removing, or couldn't remove because I didn't have stock parts to replace them with.

Here's the last photo shoot, pics I took for Autotrader.

DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0809.jpg

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0825.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

Back