Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
Nice car! I see you've replaced the fuel filler door as well...
Thank you.

The fuel filler door was a dealer installed option. I'm normally not a fan of chrome but it ties in nicely with the other chrome trim on the SE.

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
I finally did something about the stock 4x4 stance that plagues all factory issued Miatas. I've been leaning towards coilovers but decided they were a bit overkill for my driving needs. I went with the tried and true Koni Sports paired with Progress springs and sprinkled with 36/58 GWR bumpstops. They are very popular so I figured that I couldn't go wrong. I haven't had a chance to play with the settings yet but so far...what a difference! I had an even bigger smile than normal when driving home from the shop last night. lol I will have to drill holes in the FSTB brackets so I can make easy adjustments in the future or I could take this opportunity to upgrade the FSTB? hahahaha

Before

After
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

Last edited:

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
Thanks Nik!

No front spoiler anytime soon. I have some maintenance items to work on first, plugs and a new VC gasket as the current one has sprung a small leak. While it was at the shop for the shock/spring install, I had them flush the brake fluid and do a custom alignment to GWR's specs.

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175
Jeff, any new mod plans for the spring? Right around the corner?

CTt3P5

TAD
Contributor
:
2008 MX-5 SE
Awesome and welcome! Much better on your car than in my gargabe can. :)

Oh yeah, installed the Ultragauge sometime ago but forgot to update this thread.🤦‍♂️