Jack Pad for 2008 CX-9

I am probably over complicating this but trying to find a safe jack pad to use with my Daytona Low Profile Floor Jack. Looking at the round rubber ones, most seem to only have a .5 inch slot and I measure the rail under the car to be around .75 inches. The slot in the factor Jack is about an inch deep so it obviously touches the underside of the car and not the edge of the rail so thinking that slot is too narrow and might split the pad.

There are large pads about 5.5 inches wide that have a .75 inch slot but it looks like it would barely fit under the car and would push up against some of the plastic parts that are away from the lift rail.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I know I don't want to put the floor jack on the rail but I only want to lift one wheel. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks!

From what I understand, it can crush the rail. The jack that comes with it rests up against the bottom of the car behind the rail and doesn't lift by touching the rail itself that I can see. The rail just holds the jack in place. Now if I'm wrong, someone please tell me. If you place a floor jack directly on the edge of the rail and jack it up to get the wheel off the ground without any issue, would be good to know.

the CX-5 owners have also discussed this as well

Back