It's not easy being a dinosaur.

:
2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig
I'll admit it, I'm slow to adopt new technology. I was playing 8-tracks in my car when everyone else had cassettes. I rented Betamax when VHS was the norm, and then VHS when DVDs were the standard. I still carried a flip phone years after smartphones came out. When I decided to buy a new car I thought I should at least catch up to the 21st century, lots of bells and whistles now compared to the '94 Accord I've been driving. One of the things I really wanted in the new car was Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Thought that would be pretty cool. Imagine my chagrin sitting there in my new CX-5 trying to use Apple CarPlay with my iPhone 4.(doh)

I'll admit it, I'm slow to adopt new technology. I was playing 8-tracks in my car when everyone else had cassettes. I rented Betamax when VHS was the norm, and then VHS when DVDs were the standard. I still carried a flip phone years after smartphones came out. When I decided to buy a new car I thought I should at least catch up to the 21st century, lots of bells and whistles now compared to the '94 Accord I've been driving. One of the things I really wanted in the new car was Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay. Thought that would be pretty cool. Imagine my chagrin sitting there in my new CX-5 trying to use Apple CarPlay with my iPhone 4.(doh)

I had to laugh. Back in the day, my friends were infuriated because I refused to upgrade to touch a tone phone.

But the upside is in an age where many are never satisfied, my happiness threshold is very low.

And I only just got rid of my 1990 Volvo because a deer suicided on it. Not many 60+ year old men have a 29 year old Swede.

Last edited:
Not many 60+ year old men have a 29 year old Swede.

Only in our dreams AD, only in our dreams.

Thanks for the link 7eregrine. Problem is, I really like the small size of the 4. The 5s was out when I got it, with rumors of the soon-to-be-released 6. The Verizon store was very happy to unload a 4 at that point, even at the 99 cent price I paid for it. I like the fact that the 4 is small enough to sit sideways in the bottom of my front jeans pocket. I can sit down without worrying about my phone jabbing me in the gut. For the time being I'll just go without ACP. Eventually I'll have to upgrade (to a 5s:D) and then it'll be like my Mazda has this amazing new feature.

The SE would have been perfect for you. Not sure if they make them new still. 6S hardware I believe, 4 inch screen size factor!

Hey Mantra 7, once you master using ACP, your driving life will never be the same...just saying.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Only in our dreams AD, only in our dreams.

Thanks for the link 7eregrine. Problem is, I really like the small size of the 4.

It's a half inch bigger. .5 inches. It's not going to stick you in the gut. :D
And I promise you after one week with a bigger phone you will wonder how you ever used the smaller one.
Source: I was you. I did not want a bigger phone. Gave in and got one. Took about a week to get used to it. Had to send it back for a warranty repair so went back to my old phone. I was SHOCKED how much I hated it. How did I ever use such a tiny phone, I said.
:D

It's a half inch bigger. .5 inches. It's not going to stick you in the gut. :D
And I promise you after one week with a bigger phone you will wonder how you ever used the smaller one.
Source: I was you. I did not want a bigger phone. Gave in and got one. Took about a week to get used to it. Had to send it back for a warranty repair so went back to my old phone. I was SHOCKED how much I hated it. How did I ever use such a tiny phone, I said.
:D

+1

The SE would have been perfect for you. Not sure if they make them new still. 6S hardware I believe, 4 inch screen size factor!

Yeah, you got me looking at those real hard. They're still available new from the Apple Store online and there's a bunch of new ones on Fleabay. My B-day is next week, might pull the trigger on one as a gift to myself. Thanks ruthrj, I didn't know something so close in size to my 4 existed, and as an added bonus they don't come loaded with a bunch of social media garbage I would never use.

My B-day is next week, might pull the trigger on one as a gift to myself.

I like the way you roll.

I don't always buy myself a birthday present, but when I do, it's usually real nice (meaning it's a handy excuse to spend money on me).

I like the way you roll.

I don't always buy myself a birthday present, but when I do, it's usually real nice (meaning it's a handy excuse to spend money on me).

The best thing is, I've never had to return/exchange a gift from myself. (rofl)

No problem, brother! I knew that would be right up your alley :D

The sad thing is I'm genuinely surprised.

For ME????? REALLY?????? I shouldn't have!!!

I usually open my own gifts and secretly wish it were in another color or a different size, but I don't want to seem ungrateful so I don't say anything.

I usually open my own gifts and secretly wish it were in another color or a different size, but I don't want to seem ungrateful so I don't say anything.

I buy myself 2 shirts so no matter which I wear I can say "What's the matter? You don't like that other shirt I bought you?"

I'm pretty hard on myself.

Back