It's Lowered

Your wish is my command! lol!

f9d1j.jpg

I've lowered my past two vehicles so I was interested to see what yours looked like. A lowered car looks sporty. However a lowered SUV just looks like a Minvan :(

minivan-black-toyota-sienna-2010.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! I've been trying to find an application in the aftermarket, and often wondered how much of our innards are in common with the Edge, as Ford and Mazda were in partnership in those days. I'm curious about how you knew the Edge stock spring was a real fit for lowering our 9's. I very much appreciate your pioneering this mod, as I will likely be looking to have it done (disability prevents me from doing this kind of mod myself). Thanks and God bless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your talking to me Mr. Padre, I did not used any Ford components but from my undersranding and talking to the guy that started this thread the H&R springs does work but not low as what I have right now.

Awesome! I've been trying to find an application in the aftermarket, and often wondered how much of our innards are in common with the Edge, as Ford and Mazda were in partnership in those days. I'm curious about how you knew the Edge stock spring was a real fit for lowering our 9's. I very much appreciate your pioneering this mod, as I will likely be looking to have it done (disability prevents me from doing this kind of mod myself). Thanks and God bless!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your talking to me Mr. Padre, I did not used any Ford components but from my undersranding and talking to the guy that started this thread the H&R springs does work but not low as what I have right now.

What did you end up using to lower your CX9?

Mate i rekon your bus looks good. I just got the 2014 gt cx9 and im gonna throw some 30mm lowered king springs in. As far as camber adjustments how did you go?

Mate i rekon your bus looks good. I just got the 2014 gt cx9 and im gonna throw some 30mm lowered king springs in. As far as camber adjustments how did you go?

I used stock camber adjusment. I was looking at those springs before too but theyre so expensive to ship that from aus to us. Let me know how it rides!

Finally got around to lowering my 2014 cx9 GT.
The rear is a piece of cake just take out lower CA castor bolt and out comes the spring no need for compressors or anything. Took a total of 2 hours and the difference is subtle but more noticeable in real life than camera. I also fitted wheel spacers to fill the guards out and now sits very nice. As far as handling goes definitely better covering and a real nice firm feel. Not too much to make it annoying still very comfortable. Happy with the out come. Springs are King springs 30mm lower.20150617_112129.jpg20150617_083756.jpg

That looks good. Subtle, but I can tell the difference. I wonder who King's North American distributor is.

Finally got around to lowering my 2014 cx9 GT.
The rear is a piece of cake just take out lower CA castor bolt and out comes the spring no need for compressors or anything. Took a total of 2 hours and the difference is subtle but more noticeable in real life than camera. I also fitted wheel spacers to fill the guards out and now sits very nice. As far as handling goes definitely better covering and a real nice firm feel. Not too much to make it annoying still very comfortable. Happy with the out come. Springs are King springs 30mm lower.View attachment 211359View attachment 211360

Finally lowered mine as well...looks meaner with black rims...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    922.3 KB · Views: 348
Just read through this thread, and I am intrigued that Ford Edge springs will fit my 2012 CX-9...

Does anyone have pictures of the installation and ride height? How much lower is the rear of the CX-9 on the Edge springs? Is there an obvious rear rake with these springs?

Well I'm a couple years late but glad I found this site. I'm rebuilding my 2010 cx-9 that had a front end wreck which I'll be updating the front end to a 2014 front and really want to lower the ride. It's hard to find much information on cx-9s.

Just read through this thread, and I am intrigued that Ford Edge springs will fit my 2012 CX-9...

Does anyone have pictures of the installation and ride height? How much lower is the rear of the CX-9 on the Edge springs? Is there an obvious rear rake with these springs?
I am in the same boat here, install doesn't seem to hard. But that's just me since I've lifted and dropped my tucks... Can't wait to get into this car...

I have been compiling info since I got my 9 last year. The H&R coils are sitting at home, but due to health issues, the install has been delayed.

Here are the images and info I have....

I have been compiling info since I got my 9 last year. The H&R coils are sitting at home, but due to health issues, the install has been delayed.

Here are the images and info I have....

I certainly appreciate those pictures! Looks like the Edge H&R springs are just about perfect for the CX-9. I now wish there were a better selection of shocks available...

Latest posts

Back