Issues with new site?

Only when saving. I'm using Toronto, ON which is only 11 characters, tried removing the , and even the space.

Appears to be fixed after trying it again just now. Thanks for fixing.

Now if it could be displayed under the Avtar, it would help when replying to posts given the global community.

Now if it could be displayed under the Avtar, it would help when replying to posts given the global community.

Thanks for the suggestion...Try adding your location under "L:"...Note there is a character limitation due to limited space under the avatar. Also note that I'm still working out the best way to handle the avatar area, space is extremely limited there and I might remove items in the future...Currently searching for solutions.

Hi Antoine,

Any chance the "Vehicle" field can have more than 18 characters allowed? I was making a separate change to my profile, and it threw an error that it could only be 18 characters. I simply have "2014 CX-5 Touring AWD" which I think is all pertinent information since there are different trims in both FWD and AWD. This alone is 21 characters. Is this part of the space constraints, or something that could be modified?

Thanks.

Hi Antoine,

Any chance the "Vehicle" field can have more than 18 characters allowed? I was making a separate change to my profile, and it threw an error that it could only be 18 characters. I simply have "2014 CX-5 Touring AWD" which I think is all pertinent information since there are different trims in both FWD and AWD. This alone is 21 characters. Is this part of the space constraints, or something that could be modified?

Thanks.

Good question...At this time, it's capped due to space constraints until another way can be found where additional information can be displayed more efficiently.

Is their a dark mode with the new forum?

A dark mode would be nice but unfortunately it's currently not an option with this platform. I believe 3rd party add-ons offer a dark mode but I would prefer if it came from the platform developers themselves...Is this something you and others very much prefer or would it just be nice to have the option..?

Very nice guys. So much better. I wanted to say it was worth the wait... but that was a LONG ASS WAIT and the old site wasn't that bad. hahahaha
Love ya. Everything working good here and it actually runs pretty great on the phone. Haven't tried attaching photos from the phone yet... that was bad on old site.

Very nice guys. So much better. I wanted to say it was worth the wait... but that was a LONG ASS WAIT and the old site wasn't that bad. hahahaha
Love ya. Everything working good here and it actually runs pretty great on the phone. Haven't tried attaching photos from the phone yet... that was bad on old site.

That is why I missed Tapatalk. I look forward to trying on my phone here soon.

Good question...At this time, it's capped due to space constraints until another way can be found where additional information can be displayed more efficiently.

Understood. I'll just figure a way to shorten it then. Thanks.

A dark mode would be nice but unfortunately it's currently not an option with this platform. I believe 3rd party add-ons offer a dark mode but I would prefer if it came from the platform developers themselves...Is this something you and others very much prefer or would it just be nice to have the option..?

This is something that I prefer. I'm a part of another forum that has dark mode as an option to appease all members :)

I have tried 3rd party add-ons in the past and, unfortunately, they do not do an adequate job of properly transferring over all of the color schemes properly.

Last edited:
Inappropriate Language...This could have been communicated in a much more constructive way.
Checking photo uploadability from Mobile.
Fail fail fail ******* fail.
Bring back Tapatalk for the love of God.....
/Edit/ I was SO optimistic. Everything was easy. Click upload, go to gallery on phone. YES. FAIL. NO!
It's 20freaking20. Mobile is EVERYTHING. Bring back Tapa!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200109-091943.jpg
    Screenshot_20200109-091943.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 7
Are we not doing signatures? Fine with it but if we are, I can't seem to find where to do it at.

Testing pictures for mobile...

tye7r28x4lc11.jpg

EDIT: Worked easy enough, but I am wondering what size those test pics are 7? I'm wondering if I go take a pic with my phone camera if it will say it's too big a file size too.

Last edited:
Are we not doing signatures? Fine with it but if we are, I can't seem to find where to do it at.

Signatures are one of the features we lost. Disappointing since the characters you can use for Vehicle, location, etc. is so limited, but I guess overall not the biggest deal.

EDIT: Worked easy enough, but I am wondering what size those test pics are 7? I'm wondering if I go take a pic with my phone camera if it will say it's too big a file size too.

Depends on the phone used to take the picture and the camera's settings. Mine, for example, will not upload directly from my phone because the pictures are usually too big. I have to upload to Google Drive from my phone, download to my computer and resize with Paint or PhotoShop, then upload. I'm not sure if the admins have explored changing the maximum file size for attachments yet, but based on how advanced cell phone cameras have become, it would be a good idea to increase the maximum file size.

Depends on the phone used to take the picture and the camera's settings. Mine, for example, will not upload directly from my phone because the pictures are usually too big. I have to upload to Google Drive from my phone, download to my computer and resize with Paint or PhotoShop, then upload. I'm not sure if the admins have explored changing the maximum file size for attachments yet, but based on how advanced cell phone cameras have become, it would be a good idea to increase the maximum file size.

That's disappointing, because Tapatalk could handle resizing to Forum post size.

Like you say, maybe that is something Antoine can look into.

Signatures are one of the features we lost. Disappointing since the characters you can use for Vehicle, location, etc. is so limited, but I guess overall not the biggest deal.

No signatures is really hard to believe. I've been on tons and tons of different internet discussion forums over the years and there's ALWAYS been a signature option, until seeing this one.

No signatures is really hard to believe. I've been on tons and tons of different internet discussion forums over the years and there's ALWAYS been a signature option, until seeing this one.

Looks like signatures are just disabled. Maybe the admins decided against signatures because they felt it would be too clunky, and they wanted to streamline the look of forum posts? Maybe the lack of signatures improves the mobile browsing experience? 🤷‍♂️ I know I was guilty of having a chunky signature..

I'm on a few other forums (using vBulletin mostly) that have imposed character or line limits in signatures. Maybe that's a compromise worth exploring?

I have tried 3rd party add-ons in the past and unfortunately, they do not do an adequate job of properly transferring over all of the color schemes properly.

Yeah, this is what I'm concerned about...It would change the overall appearance as well it seems and then we would be depending on a 3rd Party Developer to keep it compatible with the platform. I'm keeping an eye out though...Hopefully there will be a native solution eventually.

Thanks for the suggestion...(y)

Back