Is this normal window operation?

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Edit:
I have the window lock key pressed because I don’t want my kids opening the windows. Today, I realized that I couldn’t open the windows either? I could swear that they should still work for me, the driver while keeping everyone else’s disabled. Am I wrong?

E534E16B-F652-4758-B79C-26A877807680.jpeg

Haven’t had the chance to test it myself yet, but according to the owners manual for a 2018 cx-9 (canadian market), you are correct. The driver window should still operate, while the passenger and rear windows would be locked. “The front passenger's side and rear windows can be opened/closed when the power window lock switch on the driver's door is in the unlock position. Keep this switch in the locked position while children are in the vehicle.”It might be different in other market.

I don’t see how this could fail and lead to the driver window being affected by the lock switch. You could try reinitializing the driver power window, but it is a long shot since this is meant to program the auto-close function, not the lock switch behaviour.

Power window system initialization procedure

If the battery was disconnected during vehicle maintenance, or for other reasons (such as a switch continues to be operated after the window is fully open/closed), the window will not fully open and close automatically.

The power window auto function will only resume on a power window that has been reset.

1. Switch the ignition ON.
  2. Make sure that the power window lock switch located on the driver's door is not depressed.
  3. Press the switch and fully open the window.
  4. Pull up the switch to fully close the window and continue holding the switch for about 2 seconds after the window fully closed.
  5. Make sure that the power windows operate correctly using the door switches.
After the system has been re-initialized, each passenger window can be fully opened or closed automatically using the master control switches.”

When locked, the only switch that remains unlocked/operational is the driver’s window switch.

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, the when the lock is on, the driver window can still be operated, but the passenger or rear windows cannot.
Perhaps my memory has bee failing me and I haven't been driving much lately, but I thought with the lock on, the driver had the power to operate everyone else's windows.
I'll read through the manual for the US version and see what I can dig out.

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, the when the lock is on, the driver window can still be operated, but the passenger or rear windows cannot.
Yup, this is normal operation.
My 6 works the same way, and the Nissans I had before that (including my current Pathfinder) are the same as well.
There's no problem here.

Back