is there suppose to be some trunk cover??

minhhh

:
CX-5
Is there suppose to be some kinda rear trunk cover or something or is it just opened? anyone know what im talking about?

There is a cargo cover that is sold, either from the dealer or a couple of other places. Another thread has a site listed that sells them (maybe mazdagear.com).

its an optional accessory...it can come stock if the car was ordered with it...but typically no you need to buy it.

My GT in US is tinted dark enough that you can not see into the trunk...

My GT in US is tinted dark enough that you can not see into the trunk...

Yes, that combined with a black towel to cover valuables makes it impossible to see anything back there (my interior color is black).

If I find a cargo cover at discounted price, I might buy one. Although so often these cargo covers get left in the garage when people fold down rear seats for hauling.

If I find a cargo cover at discounted price, I might buy one. Although so often these cargo covers get left in the garage when people fold down rear seats for hauling.

It is too bad that they didn't make it so you could store it under the board in the back. It almost looks like it was close to being able to do that with the little open areas to the side at the very back.
It came with several warnings on it that you should leave it at home if it isn't in use. Guess they don't want to be liable for someone getting conked in the head with it in a wreck.

If we are talking about a retractable cargo cover, I like them. A retractable cargo cover came std with my CX7 and I use it. I find it keeps stuff cooler under it. Especially good for grocery shopping or anything you want to keep the sun off. Ed

Yes, I agree with erhayes, since I rarely fold down my back seat(s). The retractable cargo covers have worked well on my other SUV's.

I like the fact that the Mazda one pulls up and out of the way with the hatch when you open it. Unlike some that attach just to the back side of the cargo area and you have to retract to load/unload easily. So now that I have it I never really notice it but it does give just a bit more privacy when the car is loaded for a long trip or when popping from store to store shopping.

I like the fact that the Mazda one pulls up and out of the way with the hatch when you open it. Unlike some that attach just to the back side of the cargo area and you have to retract to load/unload easily. So now that I have it I never really notice it but it does give just a bit more privacy when the car is loaded for a long trip or when popping from store to store shopping.

Good to know (about the opening as you open hatch), only some do that. Now I'm much more interested in getting one. Thanks for info.

The dealer I bought my car from matched the MazdaGear price. It's worth a shot to see if yours will do the same.

I work for a dealergroup that has Mazda in one of its other stores, I had to show them the mazdagear price to get them to refund back some of what they overcharged me for the cover....

The next items I wanted I just ordered from Mazdagear. We'll see how they are when they get here.

LOl. When I was dealing for my car, I wanted the cargo cover as part of my asking price. The dealer was willing to go with my price but didn't want to include the cover, saying that his price was $250. I told him that he was getting ripped off because I could get it for $160. He relented.

I'm going to get the cover mostly because when I have stuff in the back I can see the reflection of it in the back glass and it bothers me.

Back