is there live traffic in Mazda6?

:
CX5 '21 GTR
Wondering if Mazda6 has support for live traffic info in the US.
Got 2016 CX-5 recently that supposedly share its infotainment system with Mazda6, and there's no live traffic support :(
Menus are all there but greyed out.

The answer is yes.
I have '16 Mazda6, and the "live traffic" is updated thru HD-Radio.
It is 1st of four Apps that came with my GT w/ tech.
Can't speak for other sub models.

The answer is yes.
I have '16 Mazda6, and the "live traffic" is updated thru HD-Radio.
It is 1st of four Apps that came with my GT w/ tech.
Can't speak for other sub models.

Can you set a destination and post some screenshots showing current traffic flow, traffic events, and delays....?

Last edited:
I have a 2016 Mazda 6. My traffic functions are also greyed out. I spoke to Sirius and they stated this nav system cannot subscribe to real time traffic from them. I am now getting the system upgraded to version 55 to see if those features are available. Fingers crossed.

I have a 2016 Mazda 6. My traffic functions are also greyed out. I spoke to Sirius and they stated this nav system cannot subscribe to real time traffic from them. I am now getting the system upgraded to version 55 to see if those features are available. Fingers crossed.

What system are you upgrading? SiriusXM? For me, commuting into NYC with a nav system that has no traffic info is useless. The TomTom in my 2014 ALWAYS showed traffic on the screen and gave me audible delay warnings as well as detour options. So I am stuck using Google Maps on my phone to check current traffic. That's absurd!

I have a Mazda 6 2016 and it does have some kind of live traffic and historical data as part of the navi option. But Waze is light years ahead of all of them including Google and Apple (and Google owns them which is weird) so why use a traffic map that isn't the best? Anyway, Mazda 2016 does have live traffic through the HD radio in most areas. It's ok but not the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer is absolutely not. Let's be clear: The new Mazda6 and other new Mazdas DO NOT HAVE LIVE TRAFFIC IN THEIR NAVIGATION. Dealers and even Mazda will give incorrect information on this. There IS a STATIC "live traffic map" you can pull up, separately through the "applications" menu that will show you a tiny, useless HD Radio traffic MAP. This data IS NOT used by the navigation system.

The deal is: Mazda switched from Tom Tom to Navteq in their latest models and there was a business issue with getting the live traffic data. Mazda, when emailed about this, sometimes says they are considering/might do something about this in the future.

It's, frankly, very disappointing, but it does go along with the other glaring/odd issues with the new infotainment system. (You just have to use it for awhile to understand what I mean... it's way behind the competition.)

Here is a petition asking Mazda to fix Live Traffic Navigation: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/live-traffic-in-2016-mazdas

Here is more info on another board: http://forum.mazda6club.com/newbie-section/356474-2016-mazda6-touring-navigation-live-traffic-2.html

Petition signed. Sad thing is, I'm planning a trip and plan to also bring my Garmin out of my MX5.

Mazda Connect Live traffic via HD RADIO sucks anyway..if you ever tried it would piss you off more! A good app like Waze is the way to go..

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

In a way. There's a separate map though HD radio, but navigation doesn't actually grab that info when calculating routes.

Back