Is there a way to turn the horn beep off when locking

:
2020 cx5 GTR
Was wondering if there is a way to not have the horn beep when double clicking the fob ?

The horn only sounds if you press the lock button twice within 5 seconds. It locks without a horn sound with one button push. There is no way to change it.

Was wondering if there is a way to not have the horn beep when double clicking the fob ?

It's okay, I have the same OCD/habit.

For me, it's a habit back from the older car days which did not make a sound when clicking the lock button once. The only sound you heard was the doors locking (if you were close enough).

So you couldn't tell if indeed the doors were locked unless you listened closely.

It only made a chirp/horn sound when clicking the lock button twice

As stated above, just click once and no horn will sound. Hitting once does lock all doors, so you do not need to hit it a second time.

Mm.. you might be referring to locking with the dealer installed motion sensor? I fell for keeping the added motion sensor installed by the dealer, the instructions for cutting the horn from blowing should be with the KARR/SWDS or whatever motion sensor the dealer put in.

Thanks so much ocd for sure !!!

If OCD, there are two options that come to mind (one OC to another):

1. Click twice but wait the five seconds so it does not beep.

2. Turn on auto lock so the first "lock" is done by the car, then your lock is second and silent.

Back