Is There A Compass?

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Is there a compass anywhere in infotainment (or elsewhere) ? I can't find it if there is...where should I look>

If it helps: my 6 has a compass, but it's in the instrument (dash) display, not the info screen.
Check your manual.

Cycle through the info button on the wheel and see if one doesn't come up on the instrument panel. I think you have to be moving for it to give a reading.

Cycle through the info button on the wheel and see if one doesn't come up on the instrument panel. I think you have to be moving for it to give a reading.

Calling up the correct center display using the INFO button is one option. A compass reading is also on on one of the options on the display that surrounds the speedometer that is changed by pressing and holding the knob that sticks out of the instrument panel (normally used to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster). That*s the one I use because it*s up all of the time, and I can leave the center INFO display on something else.

Well pressing and holding the projecting stick didn't produce a compass for me. I'll try the steering wheel info button on the move.

Well pressing and holding the projecting stick didn't produce a compass for me. I'll try the steering wheel info button on the move.

I think there's two stalks. The one on the left changes odo from miles to kilos. Not sure what the one on the right does. I"ll have to play around with it.

Try pressing & holding the projecting stick. Each time you release it you should be able to get a different display that flanks both sides of the speedometer. It changes the miles to empty display to one that also includes a compass. I can do it on my Reserve. It's in the 2019 owners manual page 4-16 in the US manual. The 3 options are Gauge Indication, Numerical Indication (that's the one with the compass), & Display Off.

QCdnk0q.jpg

Last edited:
Calling up the correct center display using the INFO button is one option. A compass reading is also on on one of the options on the display that surrounds the speedometer that is changed by pressing and holding the knob that sticks out of the instrument panel (normally used to adjust the brightness of the instrument cluster). That*s the one I use because it*s up all of the time, and I can leave the center INFO display on something else.

That's a great little upgrade from the 17. Is it just on GTR and Sig, or all 19s? 18s?

That's a great little upgrade from the 17. Is it just on GTR and Sig, or all 19s? 18s?

I believe the instrument panel speedometer and the gauges that I posted above from the owners manual are a digital display that was changed for 2019. Not sure if it's across all trims. I have a Reserve & I assume the Signature is the same.

I think there's two stalks. The one on the left changes odo from miles to kilos. Not sure what the one on the right does. I"ll have to play around with it.

Unless your Reserve is different than mine, there is only one selector knob. It*s above the left gauge. Turning it adjusts dash lighting. Pressing and releasing quickly changes between miles and km. Pressing and holding changes the display surrounding the center gauge as shown in the diagram from the manual as shown here.

Unless your Reserve is different than mine, there is only one selector knob. It*s above the left gauge. Turning it adjusts dash lighting. Pressing and releasing quickly changes between miles and km. Pressing and holding changes the display surrounding the center gauge as shown in the diagram from the manual as shown here.

You're right, I went and checked and there is only one. I guess I was thinking of my 16 that has a stalk on the right side that resets the current trip odo.

Back