Is the CX-5 a LEMON ?

The heating fan is in manual mode not auto. The problem is not all the times. Sometime it is -35c outside and it works and sometimes -10 and don't. So this is not that.

And all of the problems that I have listed are happening to other people here, and on other forums. The dealer swap the transmission valve for a new one and one of the problem seem to be resolved. However The fan problems continues and we have an appointment for the hood and mirror shake

Ouch! Mine certainly don't sound like that. Take it back to the dealer.

Ouch! Mine certainly don't sound like that. Take it back to the dealer.

The car is always at the dealer sadly. Kinda bad to have to pay for a top of the line CX-5 when you ride in a base model mazda3 most of the time.

My kia when brand new had quite a few problems with it - juddering clutch was the worst , but the dealer was really great and the early problems were all forgotten when fixed, so there is hope for you as long as the dealer is on your side.

The dealer have no choice but to be on our side, trust me;)

Last edited:
Sounds like the fan blades are catching.

My first car would do that, often a kick on the side of the fan housing sorted it ,or made it worse.

New fan required?

Do you get the noise with the fan off?

yep, either something is wrong with the fan or something got caught in it. I don't know how easy it is in modern cars but my old car will occasionally suck a small leaf or one of those little helicopter seed things in and make a lot of noise. Our P5 got something more solid wedged into one of the blades and sounded a bit like that.

My first car would do that, often a kick on the side of the fan housing sorted it ,or made it worse.

New fan required?

Do you get the noise with the fan off?

When the fan is on 1 or 2 it dosen't make any sound. At 3 and 4 it does, SOMETIMES. Weird. And it's not a cold temperature thing since it does it randomly

when ours had the out of balance fan with something wedged in between the blades it acted that way. It would only do it on the higher speeds and even then not all the time. It was worse with the vents set on recirculate.

Hopefully it is something simple like needing a new fan or even something wedged in it like we had.

Back