2007~2015 Is it worth keeping?

:
Mazda CX 9 GT 2007
So I have had many issues with my Mazda CX-9 GT 2007 over the years including bearings about twice every year, the 4WD light has been on since owning the car, the ignition works half the time with only one FOB ( sometimes ) and only one physical key works. The radio no longer works for AM or FM stations ( thank god I still have the AUX cable ), The radio unit screen shows me Fahrenheit instead of Celsius, The backup sensors are almost a foot off of what im actually backing up to ( it'll say I have 7 meters until I hit something even though I have a gap of 1 to 2 feet). Does anyone have any recommendations on getting a new vehicle or ways to fix these issues? If I do swap vehicles I would like to stay with Mazda and even the CX series because they are good for winter.

I think you've answered your own question. The 2007 CX-9 is a dinosaur and I can't speak to it specifically. I still have my 2007 CX-7 which was an entirely different vehicle, and I love it. It still is an awesome, sporty & nimble ride. Fortunately, I never had any of the big issues, so I lucked out with a good one. That said, it is still a 13 year old vehicle, so I accept the modern short-comings. If I had anywhere close to the heartbreak you describe, I'd have ditched it long ago.

I too, love driving Mazdas, and the current gen 9 is light years from what you currently have. Go drive one, and I think you will find it is a simple choice, and you will never look back.

Your list of not working things is quite large, and the cost to repair them all is getting up there. Worth repairing? That is up to you. At a glance, I'd say it is time to move on. If I were in your shoes, a 17+ CX-9 would be in my plans. :)

Unless you have extremely low mileage, your car is likely worth a few thousand dollars at most given the outstanding issues you describe.

From a purely financial standpoint as long as it isn't costing you more in repairs per month than a payment on a new car, you should keep it. Of course, this isn't a purely rational decision. If you want something new then just go for it. The car is 13 years old and at some point throwing money at an old car becomes a futile effort.

I would trade it in while it still has a trade-in value. Once that water pump goes, you likely won’t be able to trade it in until that water pump is fixed. That water pump repair cost alone is at least a couple of thousand.

Latest posts

Back