Is it safe to leave CX-5 on jacks for about 7-10 days?

CodyZoom

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package (Sky Blue)
Hello all - I saw on here that the European spec CX-5s are available with a wicked looking set of black rims. I fell in love with them. Now I must have my stock silver rims powder coated black (US-Spec). The businesses that do the powder coating cannot store my vehicle there so I have to bring in just the rim with the tire. I plan to jack the car up and gently rest it on jacks until I get the wheels back. Will this damage the car in any way? Is it okay to let the suspension hang for that long? I plan to lift both front wheels off, then both rear. I don't have my user manual on me right now, but I know I have to check that too. I'm very nervous because I've never left a vehicle jacked up for more than an hour. Thanks in advance!

I can really answer your question about leaving the car on jacks...

However I have to admit that the black wheels do look amazing! Im thinking of doing the same.

Just saw this cool product online, Its called plastidip, it a spray paint that is plastic based and can be removed anytime, seems pretty durable.

Check it out on google, its about 6$ a can

I can really answer your question about leaving the car on jacks...

However I have to admit that the black wheels do look amazing! Im thinking of doing the same.

Just saw this cool product online, Its called plastidip, it a spray paint that is plastic based and can be removed anytime, seems pretty durable.

Check it out on google, its about 6$ a can
plasti dipping rims is a huge fail.
can't afford powdercoating? then leave it alone.
wait until you can.

Here's the plan. Jack the car up properly. Grease the hub and support the suspension so it doesn't damage anything. Take the rims for powder coating and after 7-8 days put them back on. Lastly, take a bunch of pics and share them with you fine people.

grease the HUB?
why would you want to do that?
if you rotors get rusted, so be it.
last thing you want is grease on your brakes

Didn't mean the hub! I meant to coat the strut pistons in oil to prevent any rust. I'm not sure if the CX-5 has rubber bushings or not. I'll probably try to support the suspension just in case. I'm not super car savy, so hopefully it won't screw it up.

Definitely wouldn't want grease on the brakes - yikes!

@ Alejo_NIN

I never said I would plastidip my rims, just sharing some recent info I found on the net.

Could you elaborate why it is such a fail? I have you ever done this in the past?

Last edited:
Is it safe to leave CX-5 on jacks for about 7-10 days?

I sold a set of wheels from my 01 Miata after ordering replacement wheels and tires. The replacements were supposed to arrive within the week, so I put the car up on jack stands and waited. As it turned out, the wheels I ordered were out of stock and the delivery kept getting postponed. The Miata spent 7 weeks on jack stands in my garage. When the wheels finally arrived I put them on and drove the car with no problems. The car was covered with a car cover the entire time to keep the dust off, but that was all I did.

7-10 days is perfectly fine, just use the jack points. The chassis won't be affected by a few days or weeks on jacks, not like this is a race car or anything.

Latest posts

Back