Ipod Integration with Bose and Nav system

Nash04

:
CX-7 AWD
OK! Know this has been ask numerous times but have notice that most of the time the questions was never answered, seems like we start talking about other adapters that would fit other units so.......here I go!

Does anyone know if anybody makes an adapter for the Ipod with the Bose system and factory nav system. Now, don't mean to be a PIB but can we stay on this topic. It would be nice to know if there is one that actually works with this car OEM.

Thank you,
(wow)

Yes, there is - so long as you DON'T have SIRIUS. The Nav unit cannot support simultaneous connections to both SIRIUS and to the iPOD. They're mutually exclusive. Mazda sells an iPod interface but from what I understand, the ability to display the iPod info on the CX-7 dash is minimal.

Anyone else have info for Nash04?

Vince.

Thanks Vince, she doesn't have sirius but I wonder how info does it display since she wants everything quick and easy to use.

Yes, there is - so long as you DON'T have SIRIUS. The Nav unit cannot support simultaneous connections to both SIRIUS and to the iPOD. They're mutually exclusive. Mazda sells an iPod interface but from what I understand, the ability to display the iPod info on the CX-7 dash is minimal.

Anyone else have info for Nash04?

Vince.

Care to elaborate one which model(s) of adapter will work in this manner? Is Mazda's solution confirmed by anyone to work with the tech package (NAV)?

Thanks,

Care to elaborate one which model(s) of adapter will work in this manner? Is Mazda's solution confirmed by anyone to work with the tech package (NAV)?

Thanks,

The Mazda ipod adapter will work with your NAV, but without Sirius, as mentioned before. The Mazda unit is limited though. The readout on your factory unit will look like this: EX: 1:_1 0'00". It does not display detailed artist info, and the ipod display is disabled.

I've uploaded the user guide so you can check it out.

you can order it here: http://tinyurl.com/2wetze

I hope that helps.
-Justin

Attachments

• ipod_user_guide.pdf
    149.6 KB · Views: 624
Thanks for the reply. Has this been confirmed to work with tech package and NAV on a 2007 CX-7? Everything I have read so far says it is not compatible if this is the factory Mazda ipod adapter. Sorry for the skepticism but I haven't read any reports of success as of yet.

One More ?

Ok! Just bought the pioneer Inno Portable XM-MP3-WMA radio and have been using it in my van and loving it but now I would like to start using it in my CX but have the Bose system without the tech or nav system. Notice there's a media button and was wondering if I could use that and what kind of integration would I need to make it. In the van, I'm using their FM transmitter which working real good but in the car I would really like to be able use the radio to access it.

Any suggestion would be appreciated :)

Back