IPhone 4s Integration

I had a chat with a rep at Mazda Hands Free today regarding:
1) if I am listening to Bluetooth audio and then get out of the vehicle (leaving it running) and take the phone, then return with the phone (think going into coffee shop to grab a coffee) the Bluetooth won't find the phone again.
Answer : this is normal as the vehicle Bluetooth only searches on startup. To find the phone again you need to go to settings in the phone and select Mazda.

2) if I want to listen to music via the IPod audio connection I need to set this up each time - there is no way to set the default audio to iPod.
Answer: this seemed to nbe a bit of a surprise to the rep but he confirmed it was a current anomaly in the system and it may be corrected in the future via a firmware update.

Hope this helps some who have been experiencing issues

2) if I want to listen to music via the IPod audio connection I need to set this up each time - there is no way to set the default audio to iPod.

It's mainly because if you're connected via iPod and bluetooth, the iPhone device sees these as two possible outputs and sends to the first in an order it believes to be correct (Mazda Bluetooth > iPod Dock Connector).
I am certain its the iPhone's decision rather than the car's system.

If Bluetooth is turned off (or unpaired in menu), then the Dock Connector connects without selecting it - because it's the only output.

It's mainly because if you're connected via iPod and bluetooth, the iPhone device sees these as two possible outputs and sends to the first in an order it believes to be correct (Mazda Bluetooth > iPod Dock Connector).
I am certain its the iPhone's decision rather than the car's system.

If Bluetooth is turned off (or unpaired in menu), then the Dock Connector connects without selecting it - because it's the only output.

I believe you are right, I have seen several other vehicle owners complain about the same thing on the Apple support forums. One particular explanation for volvo seems to suggest the sequence of ignition on and when you connect the ipod/iphone to the dock connector would determine the default output. I haven't tried this myself, but worth a shot.
It's not really a solution, but might be an acceptable workaround for some.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3819913?start=0&tstart=0

Back