• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Insurance Ripoffs

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
There are certain profiles that get charged more. Its basically - if you can afford to pay 100 for this service, it is 100 dollars for this service. Buy a banged up old car and compare its liability with your newish car liability. The old car is a bigger risk than newer car.
There's so much in this industry that makes no sense. We all got stories. Allstate blames some of their behaviour on state regulations.

I have a $1,000,000 Umbrella Policy because I own a home and any idiot who claims they slipped on my sidewalk can sue me. So here I am a private citizen with insurances as though I own a friggin' restaurant or grocery store.

As you said...a painful death, to them and to those who think Insurance Claims = Lottery.

Last edited:

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
We have 3 cars and 2 drivers. I don't understand why we have a comparable liability premiums for the 3rd car as for the other two. We can only be out wreaking havoc with 2 at a time, we can't incur liability from that 3rd one parked at home.
I have the same issue with my CX-5 and my old truck I drive to the trash drop-off once a month. It's just me at home. I can only drive one at a time.

Some of these industries are as mind-numbing as government. It's on purpose.

"I have a $100,000,000 Umbrella Policy" Do you mean $1,000,000 Umbrella
Policy? If you needed $100,000,000, you would be driving a Rolls SUV to drop off your trash.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
"I have a $100,000,000 Umbrella Policy" Do you mean $1,000,000 Umbrella
Policy? If you needed $100,000,000, you would be driving a Rolls SUV to drop off your trash.
Oops.
I overstated my importance.

But I like the optics you layed out. If my trash were only that nice...

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
This is a ridiculous thread. There are MANY variables to an insurance rate, including the COVERAGE purchased, the drivers' credit ratings, the drivers' driving records, the geographic location, etc. This original post is worth nothing, and the replies even less.
Cool story, bro.

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 6.3%