Instrument panel reflection on windshield

:
2021 CX-9 Sig
:
2014 CX-5 GT
I think that's the trick they play. They keep it turned down so you don't see the reflection when you test drive it. But for me, it's too low.

Dude, who is playing tricks? There are over 500,000 of these on the roads and honestly, you might be the only one with a problem. I don't think Mazda is hiding anything. If it bothers you, you might want to move the seat up or down to minimize the reflection.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
As I said in the now closed duplicate thread, I have no issue at 6' 4". I really have no idea if the OP is serious.

:
2019 Cx-5 sport
well, I just checked my 2019 sport and I can see the partial reflection of display in the windshield
I'm 6'2'' ...... I have the seat lowered all the way down and back now..... If I sit up
higher I can see the full display reflecting .......... so , believe me , that reflection is there , if you can't see it
just move seat or head around and you'll find it.

I also have display on the dimmest setting ........ if I turn it up the reflection is very visible.......

:
2017 Mazda 6 Sport
Based on OPs picture, the reflection is mostly on the center part of the windshield from OPs view. And its a Touring theres no HUD for him. Folding down the sun visor like some suggested wont help.

7oYpn2t.jpg

The following two posts are gen-2 CX-5 owners from this thread. Apparently therere more than one tall person are having similar problem. I test-drove a 2017 CX-5 when gen-2 CX-5 just came out. The first thing I checked was the reflection of the chrome side vents, and to my surprise theyre still there on front windows even though the TSB has issued at the time to fix the problem on gen-1 CX-5!

wow, that's blinding. looks like you have it turned up all the way to the daylight setting

:
CX5
The only way that I could replicate this issue was with my head physically touching the roof of the car. At 5'9, my head is typically four or five inches lower than that which is why I never have a reflection issue. I created a three inch black cardboard mask and placed it under the lip of the instrument panel so that it was protruding out a couple of inches. It was then impossible to see the reflection even with my head touching the roof, and the mask was invisible because it was hidden by the top of the steering wheel. Should Mazda create a slider that achieves the same end result as my crude mask? Absolutely, but in the meantime there is a free and invisible solution.

:
2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 twin turbodiesel auto - Sonic Silver
The only way that I could replicate this issue was with my head physically touching the roof of the car. At 5'9, my head is typically four or five inches lower than that which is why I never have a reflection issue. I created a three inch black cardboard mask and placed it under the lip of the instrument panel so that it was protruding out a couple of inches. It was then impossible to see the reflection even with my head touching the roof, and the mask was invisible because it was hidden by the top of the steering wheel. Should Mazda create a slider that achieves the same end result as my crude mask? Absolutely, but in the meantime there is a free and invisible solution.
That 99.9% of owners would never use. I looked again last night and yes it is there but only looking up at the rooftops just like the supplied photo. I tend to look forward when driving and yes the brightness is all the way up in the photo.

:
CX5
That 99.9% of owners would never use. I looked again last night and yes it is there but only looking up at the rooftops just like the supplied photo. I tend to look forward when driving and yes the brightness is all the way up in the photo.

I think that the instrument brightness setting could be improved. In my 2018 CX5 GT, the options are full brightness, or so low that you can barely see the information. An option between those settings would be nice.

mazdadude

ZOOOOOOOOOM ZOOOOOOOOOM
:
'16.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I think that the instrument brightness setting could be improved. In my 2018 CX5 GT, the options are full brightness, or so low that you can barely see the information. An option between those settings would be nice.

Yes, the setting is adjustable!(gossip)

:
2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 twin turbodiesel auto - Sonic Silver

I can assure you they are variable. How are you trying to set them?

:
CX5
I can assure you they are variable. How are you trying to set them?

I'm using the long black control that is part of the instrument cluster. It seems to have two settings. A turn to the left is very dim and to the right is full brightness. I don't see anything in between.

rockethead26

2019 CX-5 Reserve
:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
I'm using the long black control that is part of the instrument cluster. It seems to have two settings. A turn to the left is very dim and to the right is full brightness. I don't see anything in between.

I thought the same thing and that is the response I seemed to get when I was playing with the stalk driving in daylight. Last night, I read the manual and it mentioned that the lighting was indeed variable and also mentioned night time and the amount of ambient light in the cabin. I pulled the car out of the garage last night and with headlights on or off, the lighting was fully adjustable from daytime bright to so dim I could barely see it.

I thought the same thing and that is the response I seemed to get when I was playing with the stalk driving in daylight. Last night, I read the manual and it mentioned that the lighting was indeed variable and also mentioned night time and the amount of ambient light in the cabin. I pulled the car out of the garage last night and with headlights on or off, the lighting was fully adjustable from daytime bright to so dim I could barely see it.

I've a Canadian 2019 GX since August 30th and am 5'9" and never noticed the reflection until I first read this thread. Now if I can just drop it from my mind all will be well again.

If you turn the dashboard illumination knob all the way to the right you*re at full brightness and you cancel auto dimming at night. If you turn knob back to the left slightly you turn off the full brightness and you*re back in auto dim. From there you further regulate dimming turning to the left. Full brightness is way to bright for nighttime driving and if you need that much light on the instrument panel to see it you probably shouldn*t be driving at night, if at all.
If you have it set to normal auto dimming mode the reflection in the top of the windshield is not really noticeable unless you really look for it. I*m 6 ft and am not bothered at all by any reflection.