Install a CD Player for 2021 CX-5

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
It seems I got a yes and a no so I tried it today. On a USB thumb drive with all the songs in the root it did indeed resume where it left off in my 2020. I didn't try it with multiple folders so maybe that's different.
I have 2 identical 128GB flash drives that I use in both our vehicles. Both pick up where it left off. Folders on the root are artists. Inside each are albums. My Lexus has a max limit for folders, so not all songs are accessible. I have not witnessed this limitation on the CX-5, so it's even better!

Hey guys. thank you for all those suggestions. I wanted to take the Aux Port (supposed to be 3.5mm jack) route. HOWEVER, believe it or not, I could not find such a port in my car (2021 CX-5)!!! I even texted my dealer and they told me in the center console. NO... I still didnt see it. In center console, there is one cigarette light outlet, two USB ports and a SD card slot. Anyone with the same car, could you please let me know? I have to assume now that it doesn't have it, even though the window sticker says it has it.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Hey guys. thank you for all those suggestions. I wanted to take the Aux Port (supposed to be 3.5mm jack) route. HOWEVER, believe it or not, I could not find such a port in my car (2021 CX-5)!!! I even texted my dealer and they told me in the center console. NO... I still didnt see it. In center console, there is one cigarette light outlet, two USB ports and a SD card slot. Anyone with the same car, could you please let me know? I have to assume now that it doesn't have it, even though the window sticker says it has it.
So, 2021's don't have this?

aux-port-location-mazda-cx-5.jpg

:
'20 CX-5 GT PP AWD
Yep, my 2020 has one. But it's not all that surprising they took it out on the 2021's since actual headphone jacks - without dongles anyway - are also being phased out on so many phones these days.

But I got curious and found this USB CD player on Amazon:

AIE - OE Integrated Vehicle CD Player via USB Radio Connection (USBCDPLAY1)

It seems to either have raves or hates depending on the vehicle you try it on. It's also really spendy for a CD player @ $210. I did see a review from a guy with a 2019 CX-5 who said it worked. Read the reviews carefully, there are many different opinions on how well it actually integrates with different car's audio controls, some good, some not so much.

Latest posts