Injector Timing

This is how it is tuned...

You need to explain what you are asking in more detail..

Ok, Well, unless you have a Haltech or similar system, you are running on what is known as Basic Duty Cycle..

You control fuel volume based on a ratio of time open vs time closed..

You can calculate the required fuel for any given combination of RPM to Fuel required, however you would need to know and or set the desired Air to Fuel Ratio for the given condition and add the additional fuel volume.

If you did not take that into consideration, you would run too lean.

I'm running a Microtech LT10s.I'm looking for advice on fine tuning the injector timing function, not open time in duration, but open time for the start of injection vs valve/cam timing, vs. change in RPMs.

Ok, Well, unless you have a Haltech or similar system, you are running on what is known as Basic Duty Cycle..

You control fuel volume based on a ratio of time open vs time closed..

You can calculate the required fuel for any given combination of RPM to Fuel required, however you would need to know and or set the desired Air to Fuel Ratio for the given condition and add the additional fuel volume.

If you did not take that into consideration, you would run too lean.

You could do a search for microtech and see who has one, then ask to see their map and or ask for advice.

I am not familiar with that EMS

Thanks, I already did a search and found nothing. Microtech support is terrible. But I would imagine the subject I asked the question about is pretty universal to all systems.

Back