Infotainment system troubles

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
About ready to sell my 2019 CX5 GTR. I have owned it one year and the AV system is infuriating. System has been extremely slow to respond. I updated the firmware months ago and it made little difference. Now half the time Apple car play does not work and yesterday the system lost all of my station presets. Has anyone had this issue?

Your symptoms are not a normal occurrence. Sounds like something is screwed in the audio system. Take it to the dealer and get it replaced under warranty.

There are a few reports here about the EXACT behavior (me included). Some get fixed with an update (so far so good for mine), some don't, some blame a bad USB cable; some just wait for the stars to align.

The good; under warranty still
The bad; time spent at the dealer with no real fix

I'd say sell the vehicle - best be happy with a $20K + item.

The other thing I've learned on this forum is that a slow info system can be caused by a dirty/poor connection of the SD nav card.
If you have the Mazda nav, then I'd suggest pulling the SD card out and cleaning the contacts.
Also, before re-installing it, test the system to see if it's faster and stable without the nav card in it.

Haven't had time to troubleshoot yet but thanks for the info. This is by far the worst AV system I have ever encountered. Bummer because I like the car otherwise.

Back