Infotainment System Bugs

The current and new version (V55) has been confirmed as an update for 2016 CX-5 and 2016 Mazda 6 and obviously all BM Mazda 3's.
It is now the only version Dealers should be using for updates (with the exception of Mazda 3's still below V30).
Revised Updates for all models are..

Rear view monitor does not show up on screen.
Text information of HD radio is not displayed when switching music source.
When asking for current location with voice command “Where am I?”, the system responds with “Your location
is comma.”

Update for 2016 Mazda 6 and CX-5 ONLY are..

Contact information cannot be loaded correctly from phones other than iPhone.

ALL in Version V55 for ALL Mazda Connect Systems.

Dealer installed the V55 the other day. I noticed it's a bit more sluggish now switching between screens especially, FM.
The street names in the mapset now shows all street names in "bubble" format. The 3D and 2D selection issue present in V33 has not been resolved though. Looks like Mazda hasn't had any complaints on that one.

Aside from the above, I haven't noticed any issues with the update in the Mazda3. There are also no new features that I noticed (so far) with the update.

af6e31a3f294e43066bd34d945e8c771.jpg

1025044984420f96c12ee6e9a7ac0e0f.jpg

I received the postcard above in the mail today. After a stop by my Dealer, I have an appointment for Thursday. I'll update next week if my USB recognition and performance is improved as Mazda claims in this changelog: http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/files/Mazda_SoftwareUpdateV55CustomerLetter_NAEnglish.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I noticed bugs with the auto AM/FM selection. When in your "favorites" it's very inconsistent (most time it switches to AM in my case) when using the steering controls to scan (scroll) through the favorites.

Dealer advised that there are still quite a few complaints and bugs with V55. So don't be surprised if your previous issues are not fixed. The info material they published (see post 423) is not accurate or at least I haven't noticed the so called "improvements" they listed with the exception of being able to adjust the volume of nav when driving.

Last edited:
what begins?? a self updating OTA firmware?
That might be nice... but no. What begins is several days of driving the car to see if the bugs I've been frustrated by in the past have been squashed by the updated OS.

My 55 has been great.
I can now clear the safety message as soon as it shows up(before it would stay there even if I pressed the ok button)

Now, the the track time works for Bluetooth as well. (Before it would just show total track time but it wouldn't follow or decrease as the music was played)

Reads DVD way quicker, almost instantaneously.

For iphone 6+, the battery icon now shows the actual battery level. Before it basically had two levels - fully charged or nearly empty.

Now I can choose the volume of the lock beep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I kept hoping the bugs were gone, but alas - they aren't. It decided it didn't have a CD player over the weekend, still struggles with the 4GB USB stick, hates both of my 32GB sticks, and has reset a few times at random while driving, and even struggles to remember that it has an aux input. On an upcoming road trip, we'll take my wife's Accord - it has a 6-disc changer that has worked flawlessly for nearly 70k miles plus an aux in for Pandora, etc.

Other than this infotainment garbage, my car has been solid mechanically and otherwise reliable. I anxiously await the day when (hopefully) Crutchfield begins offering an aftermarket replacement for this dud of a system.

I'll probably call Mazda later this week and whine some more - maybe we'll get version 107 with most bugs squashed before they discontinue the MazdaConnect system.

They are working on an aftermarket replacement in Japan.

But still, my JDM has been working flawlessly for the past year. Even better after the update.

Well, despite all the past nuances, for the first time, the Mazda3 infotainment is starting to drive us nuts.

The lag switching to and from the Entertainment panel is getting worse and more noticeable by the week.

I emailed Mazda and asked if there is a new map update available. Last month, I almost lost the Map SD card taking it in and out of the car and to plug it in the computer and access Mazda Toolbox. Mazda sends a cold canned response stating it (mazda toolbox and maps) is not in their control and to check with TomTom. TomTom is not pleased with their response either.

Mazda could easily send out an email to their registered users or change their toolbox so you don't have to plug in your SD card for Mazda to be able to check if a map update is available.

They are working on an aftermarket replacement in Japan.

But still, my JDM has been working flawlessly for the past year. Even better after the update.

I presume since yours is JDM that you'd have different software versions & part numbers in the Diagnostics screen, or I'd ask for those to compare to mine:
53 - Software Version Display (CMU): MAZ_CMU-150_55.00.750 (was MAZ_CMU-140_33.00.500 before upgarding to v.55)
57 - Software Version Display (VIP): VIP_APP-MAZ150_10.11.005 (was VIP_APP-MAZ140_29.05.000 before upgrading to v.55)
59 - CMU Serial Number: 24172xxxx433961 (partially redacted)
68 - Software Version Display (TFT Display): BHP1_A_0008
69 - Software Version Display (Touch Panel): 1.0006
85 - Part Number Readout TAU: BJD5
93 - Software Version Display TAU: 30301A01 (replaced 4/3/2015--originally 30271903)

Well, despite all the past nuances, for the first time, the Mazda3 infotainment is starting to drive us nuts.

The lag switching to and from the Entertainment panel is getting worse and more noticeable by the week.

Oddly enough, mine has actually been noticeably quicker since the NA v.55 update. But then again, mine forgets it has a CD player (even while it was playing once...) and can't handle my 2GB Sandisk USB stick for more than a couple starts.

I know mine is up to v.55, but how do you find all those other numbers.

I think regarding part number, they are exactly the same. Except my car has DVD player and digital TV

From the commander knob, try pressing and holding Music + Star (favorites) + Mute (volume knob) for 5 seconds to bring up the diagnostic screen. It will look something like this:
fdb8937e38598e6e9efc705dc73ea2a1.jpg

You can either touch the screen or cycle through the codes with the commander knob and press down to enter to execute each code.

Another handy combo is: Mute + Navi + Back arrow held for 10 seconds reboots the system without powering off the car. It comes in handy when the system hangs on the highway.

From the commander knob, try pressing and holding Music + Star (favorites) + Mute (volume knob) for 5 seconds to bring up the diagnostic screen. It will look something like this:
fdb8937e38598e6e9efc705dc73ea2a1.jpg

You can either touch the screen or cycle through the codes with the commander knob and press down to enter to execute each code.

Another handy combo is: Mute + Navi + Back arrow held for 10 seconds reboots the system without powering off the car. It comes in handy when the system hangs on the highway.

WOW, how do you guys figure these things?
Will give that a crack!

Oddly enough, mine has actually been noticeably quicker since the NA v.55 update. But then again, mine forgets it has a CD player (even while it was playing once...) and can't handle my 2GB Sandisk USB stick for more than a couple starts.
We've been meaning to try the CD player, but we never did. lol. That would surely frustrate us.

We haven't had any issues with a Sandisk USB, even up to 32 GB. Goes to show you that the bugs are random, which makes no sense.

Just yesterday while driving, the nav system went bonkers. I got a Licensing Restriction error message. I tried different things to get rid of the message but in the end I had to eject and re-insert the SDcard.

WOW, you had to fully eject the SD card and re-insert it?
What a disgrace

yeah, that's one way to kill your SD card and then have to shell out around $400 for new SD card with navigation not to mention the distraction. then again, some people have way too much money on their hands and none of these things matter to them.

Back