Info On 2015 Mazda 6

Mr.Mojo

See info on 2015.
http://www.mazdausamedia.com/index.php?s=31676&item=1077

2015 MAZDA6 PRICING ANNOUNCED
- Champion Mid-Size Sedan Receives Updated Features and Packaging -
Jan 3, 2014
8:20pm

IRVINE, Calif. (January 3, 2014) Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) has announced official pricing on the 2015 Mazda6 equipped with the SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine. Starting at $21,190[1] MSRP, the award-winning mid-size sedan remains mostly a carry-over model for 2015 with minor updates to select features and packaging options. Redesigned just last year, Mazda6 received an increasingly warm reception, being named Car of the Year by Popular Mechanics and a 10Best by Car and Driver, among others. Mazda6 looks to maintain its competitive prowess into the 2015 model year.

The mid-size sedan is the bread-and-butter of the automotive industry, a vehicle that finds its way into nearly every driveway and garage in America, said Jim OSullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. And consumers are savvier than ever, able to gather information with the swipe of a finger. So we had to offer a vehicle that was free of gimmicks and empty promises but delivers on all the expectations shown on paper, and the Mazda6 does just that, if not more.

On sale now, the 2015 Mazda6 has a plethora of Mazda-engineered technologies and features wrapped into a stare-worthy design. SKYACTIV[2] TECHNOLOGY is now joined by the capacitor-based regenerative engine braking i-ELOOP system and safety-focused
i-ACTIVSENSE. And its strong sweeping character lines courtesy of the KODO Soul of Motion design language continue to turn heads. Available in three trim levels Sport, Touring and Grand Touring Mazda6 is currently equipped with the SKYACTIV-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine.

The SKYACTIV-G 2.5L is robust, producing 184 horsepower at 5,700 rpm and 185 lb-ft of torque at 3,250 rpm. Both the SKYACTIV-MT six-speed manual and SKYACTIV-Drive six-speed automatic transmission are available for pairing.

For those who enjoy moving the gears themselves, the entry-level Sport ($21,190 MSRP) comes equipped with the manual transmission as well as a bounty of standard features, some of which are considered premium add-ons amongst competitors. These amenities include push-button start, air conditioning with a pollen filter, a tilt-and-telescopic adjustable steering column, steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise control functions, a multi-information display (MID) with a trip computer, auxiliary/USB input connections, cloth-trimmed sport seats, a six-way manual drivers seat with manual lumbar support, 60/40-split fold-down rear seats, a leather-wrapped parking brake, shift knob and steering wheel, daytime running lights, auto-off halogen headlights and 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels. New standard equipment for 2015 is the addition of power windows with a one-touch up/down operation for all windows and illuminated power window switches on all doors.

When equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission ($22,895 MSRP), added features include Bluetooth hands-free phone and audio connectivity, HD Radio Technology, Pandora internet radio, audio menu voice command, Radio Broadcast Data System program information, E911 automatic emergency notification, SMS text message receipt/delivery, a 5.8-inch full-color touch-screen display and a rearview camera. No additional packages are available for the Sport models.

For any sporting-minded drivers wanting a few more niceties, the mid-level Touring trim includes all the features of the Sport model paired with an automatic transmission, but with a choice of either manual ($23,845 MSRP) or automatic ($24,895 MSRP) transmissions. And more standard features abound for all Touring models include commanding 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels with additional interior comforts beginning with a six-way power drivers seat with manual lumbar support, dual-zone auto-climate control with rear seat vents, leatherette-trimmed sport seats and a multi-function commander control. Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) become standard safety components, and a new standard convenience feature for 2015 is Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry. Two package options are available, but only for those equipped with an automatic.

New for 2015 is the Bose/Moonroof/Satellite Radio Package ($1,325 MSRP), which includes an 11-speaker Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System with AudioPilot, a power moonroof with a one-touch open/close feature and SIRIUS/XM satellite radio with a four-month complimentary subscription.

The Touring Technology Package ($1,550 MSRP), which can only be ordered when combined with the Bose/Moonroof/Satellite Package, adds a TomTom technology-based navigation system with real-time traffic updates, auto on/off headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, an auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink, an auto-dimming exterior drivers side mirror, heated exterior side mirrors and Smart City Brake Support (SCBS), a pre-crash avoidance safety feature.

SCBS is an added safety component designed to assist a driver in reducing the extent of front collisions when traveling at speeds between 2 and 19 miles per hour. When the imbedded laser sensor detects an obtrusive object ahead of the vehicle and the system calculates there may be a high risk for collision, the brake pedal travel is reduced in order to hasten braking. Should the driver fail to perform an avoidance maneuver, the SCBS system will activate an automatic braking function. While the system will not eliminate accidents, its intent is to minimize them and reduce the severity of an impact.

Considered the high-level trim is the Grand Touring, which includes all the equipment features of a Touring trim with both the Bose/Moonroof/Satellite Package and Touring Technology Package. Starting at $29,895 MSRP, added features include 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels with a Platinum Silver finish, a rear lip spoiler, bi-xenon HID headlights with auto leveling, LED daytime running lights, halogen fog lights, leather-trimmed sport seats with variable-setting heated front seats, an eight-way power drivers seat with power lumbar support, a four-way power front passenger seat, steering wheel paddle shifters, an alarm system and an Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS). All Grand Touring models are equipped with an automatic transmission.

A Grand Touring Technology Package ($2,080 MSRP) is available and adds Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC), Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW), a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), High Beam Control (HBC), i-ELOOP and active grille shutters.

Fuel economy for the 2015 Mazda6 is EPA rated at 25 city/37 highway/29 combined mpg when equipped with a manual transmission. Automatic transmissions receive an EPA fuel economy rating of 26 city/38 highway/30 combined mpg, and when paired with i-ELOOP receive a rating of 38 city/40 highway/32 combined mpg, which is the best highway mpg[3] in the segment.

The 2015 Mazda6 is available in seven exterior colors and two interior choices (Black and Sand/Almond). Exterior colors are Soul Red ($300 MSRP), Blue Reflex, Meteor Gray, Jet Black, Snowflake White Pearl ($200 MSRP), Liquid Silver and, new for 2015, Deep Crystal Blue. Soul Red and Snowflake White Pearl are premium paints that involve a more extensive coat process.

Standard safety features for all 2015 Mazda6 models includes six airbags (advanced dual front, front-seat side mounted and full-length side curtain), daytime running lights, whiplash-reducing front headrests, height-adjustable headrests for all seating positions, an Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with a Traction Control System (TCS), a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Hill Launch Assist (HLA), power-assisted ventilated front brakes and solid rear disc brakes, three-point safety belts for all seating positions, a fold-away brake pedal assembly, a trunk entrapment release system, front seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters as well as Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH).

A rearview camera is added to Sport models equipped with an automatic transmission. Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) are standard on Touring models with Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) available as a package option. Grand Touring models receive SCBS and an Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS) as standard equipment with Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC), Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW), a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) and High Beam Control (HBC) available as package options.

As a whole, these safety features comprise the i-ACTIVSENSE umbrella, a suite of active-safety pre-crash detection systems. These technologies use sensing devices such as milliwave radars and cameras to support the driver in recognizing hazards, avoiding collisions and minimizing damage should accidents occur. While these systems will not eliminate accidents, their intent is to minimize them and reduce the se verity of a crash.

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and

B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com.

[1] Starting price is manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for lowest trim level. MSRP does not include $795 destination charge (Alaska $840), title, taxes, license, options and dealer charges. Actual prices set by dealer and may vary.

[2] SKYACTIV is a registered trademark of Mazda Motor Corporation (MC).

[3] 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring models equipped with 6-speed automatic and i-ELOOP. Sport and Touring models are not available with i-ELOOP and are EPA-estimated to achieve 37 highway mpg (6-speed manual) or 38 highway mpg (6-speed automatic). Actual fuel economy will vary based on driving habits and road conditions.

To summarize the 2015 additions/changes:

Sport

-New power window switches
-Rearview camera standard for automatic transmission models
-Automatic models ($22895) get 5.8 touchscreen and all of its features

Touring

-Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are now standard
-Advanced Keyless Entry standard
-Two new package options available (automatic only):
1) Bose/Moonroof/Satellite Radio ($1325)
2) Technology Package ($1550) which must be combined with option #1

Grand Touring

-Smart City Brake Support and Adaptive Front-Lighting System are standard
-Technology Package ($2080)

-New paint color for all: Deep Crystal Blue

There's a serious lack of love for the manual transmission models. The Sport is now as bare bones as they can make it, and the Touring manual cannot be equipped with the option packages. I would really like that Touring+option 1 with a manual.

Yes, the manual does seem very limited in their options, but maybe when it is actually released, there will be more options than indicated previously.

I want to see how the new color Deep Crystal Blue looks.

To summarize the 2015 additions/changes:

Sport

-New power window switches
-Rearview camera standard for automatic transmission models
-Automatic models ($22895) get 5.8 touchscreen and all of its features

Touring

-Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are now standard BSM & RCTA were already standard on the 2014 i Touring
-Advanced Keyless Entry standard (only available as part of the Touring Technology Package on 2014 i Touring 6AT)
-Two new package options available (automatic only):
1) Bose/Moonroof/Satellite Radio ($1325) (Power Moonroof and SiriusXM are new options for the i Touring 6AT, only available on 2014 Grand Touring)
2) Technology Package ($1550) which must be combined with option #1

Grand Touring

-Smart City Brake Support and Adaptive Front-Lighting System are standard
-Technology Package ($2080)

-New paint color for all: Deep Crystal Blue

There's a serious lack of love for the manual transmission models. The Sport is now as bare bones as they can make it, and the Touring manual cannot be equipped with the option packages. I would really like that Touring+option 1 with a manual.

As on the 2014 Mazda6 i Sport, there are several features (5.8" color touch display, HD radio, Bluetooth phone/audio & Rearview Camera) which are only included with the 6AT. The Sport 6AT also has a base price of $1,705 more than the 6MT to account for the added features. Mazda chose to remove content from the Sport 6MT to keep the Base Price down to $20,990. The 2014 Touring model has the same standard features with either transmission and the 6AT only costs $1,050 more than the 6MT since the transmission is the only difference. So the the 2015 Mazda6 i Touring 6MT has some nice features, even though the option packages are for the 6AT only. It still has the 19" wheels, Blind Spot Monitoring & Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Advanced Keyless Entry, Power Driver's Seat, Dual-Zone A/C & rear-seat vents and the 'leatherette' seats. For $23,845 base price, that's still a LOT of car!

With that said, I can't understand why Mazda wouldn't offer (at least) the Moonroof/Bose/Sat Pkg on the 6-speed manual version of the 2015 Touring??? In Canada, the Mazda6 is offered in three trim levels similar to our Sport, Touring and Grand Touring...they're called the GX, GS and GT. The GX is almost identical to our Sport and the GT is the same as our Grand Touring with one MAJOR exception- all three trim levels, even the GT, can be had with the 6MT or 6AT! The GS is interesting because it cloth seats and 17" wheels standard, but it also has a standard Power Moonroof. BUT the GS has an optional $1800 Luxury Package (with either transmission) that adds Leather (not 'leatherette), power driver's seat & Navigation.

First of all, I wonder why they offer a choice of Cloth or Leather in Canada, but in the U.S. it's Cloth on the Sport, Leather-ette on the Touring and Leather on the Grand Touring? The leatherette actually looks and feels better than 'real' leather in most other cars, but they didn't even bother to include Heated Seats with it. Secondly, why do they offer the 6-speed manual across the board in Canada and not in the U.S.? The only limitation they have is the GT 6MT isn't available with the Technology Package.

I just got a new 2014 Mazda6 i Touring 6AT w/ Touring Tech Pkg barely two weeks ago. It replaced my '06 Mazda3 s 5-door that my soon-to-be-16-year-old nephew is getting for his birthday in April and I also have a 2012 CX-9 Grand Touring. I was planning to get a 2014 Grand Touring (preferably w/o the Radar Cruise Control/Front Obstruction Warning Pkg or the Tech Pkg that replaced it) because it had everything I wanted standard (Bose, 19" wheels & rear spoiler were essential). But they had the Touring in the color I wanted (Blue Reflex w/ Black), the leatherette upholstery actually looks great and feels more durable than real leather, it has the 19" wheels standard as was the Bose audio system since it has the Tech Pkg. I negotiated a sweet lease deal ($1,278 due at signing, $278/month for 36-months and 12k miles per year. When I finally got them down to that price, I told them to add the Rear Spoiler and Fog Lights to seal deal and they reluctantly agreed.

So the only things I'm really missing from the Grand Touring (that matter to me) are the power driver's seat lumbar & driver's seat memory, power passenger seat, SiriusXM sat radio and Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlghts. The lack of a Power Moonroof isn't important to me and, although I think all Leather Seats (real, fake or whatever) should be heated, I'm fortunate enough to have a heated garage so it's not an issue for me. I've put about 400 miles on it so far and couldn't be happier! It really is an impressive car! =)

Back