Incorrect Speed Limit in HUD?

Hi

First time I noticed this show up. Speed limit was correctly showing on the HUD as 45 but then it changed to 70.

Anyone encounter this?

FF9583F6-2217-4CC5-AA42-68F0E95A3015.jpeg

When there are no speed signs around for the camera to read it gets the limit from the nav system for most streets. Started happening to me recently after my latest nav map update. Although its still very infrequent but I noticed in the last few months.
The moment there is a traffic sign the camera detects it and immediately shifts to the correct one. I got no clue why.
It is not in kms on mine its miles but shows me the highway speed limit instead. Sometimes the opposite happens on the highway it shows 45 for brief periods.

Upvote 0
It went from MPH to KPH.

Assuming the actual speed limit hasn't changed, 35mph is about 56km/h, so I don't think that is the case.

Whenever the speed limit displays incorrectly on the HUD of my CX-9, it's always due to the camera/system "misreading" a sign as a posted speed limit, i.e. driving by a sign that says Rt. 100, and the speed limit indicator changes to 100. It doesn't do this often, but it does happen to me. @stack316, maybe the same thing is happening for you.

Upvote 0
Assuming the actual speed limit hasn't changed, 35mph is about 56km/h, so I don't think that is the case.

Whenever the speed limit displays incorrectly on the HUD of my CX-9, it's always due to the camera/system "misreading" a sign as a posted speed limit, i.e. driving by a sign that says Rt. 100, and the speed limit indicator changes to 100. It doesn't do this often, but it does happen to me. @stack316, maybe the same thing is happening for you.

OP said 45 MPH. Does that not equal ~72 KPH?

Upvote 0
OP said 45 MPH. Does that not equal ~72 KPH?

My mistake, for some reason I read it as 35 MPH. I may have confused myself by referring to the picture posted.

That said, I don't understand why it would switch from MPH to KMH. I'm pretty sure the displayed real-time speed on my HUD automatically switches to MPH when I cross the border into the US to pick up a package. Who knows, maybe its just different on stack's car.

Upvote 0
My wife's car was in a sideswipe with less than 100 miles on the odo. Many pieces were removed which disabled many of the safety systems. The car was recalibrated by the dealer after being put back together. It came back with the TSR reading in kph even though the settings were mph.

I had to go into car settings, check kph, save it, check mph, save it, and then all was well. Has not happened since, but we don't drive it a lot due to COVID.

Upvote 0
I have had a similar incident because my last free GPS map update was a year ago and this winter the road department reduced speed limits on some roads from 90 kmph to 80 kmph . So if the car sees the new speed limit sign it goes down to 80kmph on the hud display but after about 1-2 km it reverts back to 90kmph as it seems to trust it's old GPS data more.

Upvote 0
Back