In-depth look into future Mazda models

Antoine

Administrator
I have yet to come across a YouTube channel going into this much depth on Mazda before...The channel is called "Kirk Kreifels" and I found his latest video quite informative. I'm not sure if this channel has been mentioned here before but it's worth a look if you haven't checked it out...

What do you think about his analysis? Agree or Disagree? Post your thoughts!

It is due for a refresh. They can call it whatever they want.

The numbers got confused.
First you go CX-3, CX-5, CX-9. Okay, makes sense.

Then you make a new car just for China that looks like a CX-3 but is sized like a CX-5 ... and call it a CX-4. Okay. Still good.

Then you make another new car, for everywhere else, that’s also bigger than a CX-3 but smaller than a CX-5 ... okay, so you call it a .... CX-4. Brilliant!

But, oh, crap. You can’t. You already have a CX-4. And it’s a different car. Well, dang.

How about a CX-30?

Um, okay.

Looks like there’s a good chance Mazda is going to use double digit model names for the entire CX lineup (CX-50, CX-90 etc). We could see the discontinuation of single digit CX model names so no more CX-5 etc.

There’s the MX-30...I wonder if the MX-5 will be renamed? Seems to iconic to do that...

I’m excited about the upcoming engines and I think (even though it may seem inconsequential) that utilizing two digits instead of one makes the model names seem more substantial...Especially for the Crossovers and SUVs.

Looks like there’s a good chance Mazda is going to use double digit model names for the entire CX lineup (CX-50, CX-90 etc). We could see the discontinuation of single digit CX model names so no more CX-5 etc.

There’s the MX-30...I wonder if the MX-5 will be renamed? Seems to iconic to do that...

I’m excited about the upcoming engines and I think (even though it may seem inconsequential) that utilizing two digits instead of one makes the model names seem more substantial...Especially for the Crossovers and SUVs.
It is a good move to do that when they introduce new looks and features.

I pretty much called this once I knew the CX-30 was coming. I was thinking it was made to replace the lackluster CX-3 to begin with. It's a matter of time for the rest to reflect and follow suit with a possible redesign and name change. At least it's not a full drastic change like what Infiniti did.
Surprised they used the number 4 there.
I guess there are some people out over there who aren't that superstitious.

Back