I'm looking for roof rails only

:
CX9 Sig CX5 Sig
I'm not needing the crossbars, just the rails for a 2019 CX5. Could you point me in the right direction?

I'm a bit wary of these aftermarket rails - would love some actual buyer feedback.

Some of the reviews here indicate they are made of plastic, NOT aluminum (despite having aluminum in title):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Roof rack, side rails0000-8L-R09
Roof rack, cross bars0000-8L-R07

your favorite online retailer should be able to source what you need in the OEM parts for the 2019 CX-5. Sure the side rails are about ~$250.00 USD currently. Over the life of the car it is not outrageous. Also knowing the part was designed for long term use (peace of mind) it might be more of a bargain than the other solutions.

Roof rack, side rails0000-8L-R09
Roof rack, cross bars0000-8L-R07

your favorite online retailer should be able to source what you need in the OEM parts for the 2019 CX-5. Sure the side rails are about ~$250.00 USD currently. Over the life of the car it is not outrageous. Also knowing the part was designed for long term use (peace of mind) it might be more of a bargain than the other solutions.
More money, but I want something durable and long lasting so I'll probably go this route

I also thought that the rails for 2019 changed from prior MYs...that they have a different mounting system. That first link is for 2017-2018 rails.

@Avoidin Deer the roof rails for 2017 - 2020 are all the same, no change. This is simply another instance where the seller hasn't updated the listing since first placed online.

official listing:

^^note the site lets you pick the model year at the top (in grey) and you can see the part numbers don't change for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017.

listings showing similar compatibility:

Phew! Thanks for that - I was worried for a moment.
I went back through the posts to refresh my memory and saw one that you and I both commented in.

The guy had a 2013 CX-5 and wanted to put current version rails on it, but could not. I thought 2019 was a transition year.

Sorry for muddying the waters.
Tough to cancel an order when it's in transit, huh?

OK, just received the rails from Amazon and, although I haven't mounted them yet, I'm very happy.

They are definitely aluminum and heavy and solid. Well packed and shipped, they are painted in gloss silver paint and they come with all the same fittings etc that the OEM rails do (based on the list in the OEM instructions here: https://autoaccesoriosmayco.com/pub...NUAL_DE_INSTALACI_N_RIELES_MAZDA_CX5_2018.pdf) - the only exception is there's no Torx wrench as listed in the OEM list, though I have plenty of Torx bits, so not an issue to me. I test-fitted one side on top of of the car, and it follows the lines and curves of the roof perfectly. See the photo I posted below to get an idea of the product.

Though I (obviously) have not compared them side-by-side to the OEM ones, I cannot see they would be any lower in quality than OEM. Again, I'm very pleased. Obviously, this mini-review only applies to the ones I got from Amazon (link in earlier post) and does not apply necessarily to any other aftermarket ones.

The only cons would be that it doesn't seem to come with the Torx wrench as I noted, and it doesn't come with instructions, so you'll have to download from the link above.

UPDATE: Sorry, the instructions link I posted does NOT show a Torx wrench is included with the OEMs. I based this statement on another set of instructions I found earlier, but that were of lower quality. Hmm: https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8L-R09.pdf

Will update with any install issues in a few days, after I get a chance to mount them.
Rails.jpg

Last edited:
OK, just received the rails from Amazon and, although I haven't mounted them yet, I'm very happy.

They are definitely aluminum and heavy and solid. Well packed and shipped, they are painted in gloss silver paint and they come with all the same fittings etc that the OEM rails do (based on the list in the OEM instructions here: https://autoaccesoriosmayco.com/pub...NUAL_DE_INSTALACI_N_RIELES_MAZDA_CX5_2018.pdf) - the only exception is there's no Torx wrench as listed in the OEM list, though I have plenty of Torx bits, so not an issue to me. I test-fitted one side on top of of the car, and it follows the lines and curves of the roof perfectly. See the photo I posted below to get an idea of the product.

Though I (obviously) have not compared them side-by-side to the OEM ones, I cannot see they would be any lower in quality than OEM. Again, I'm very pleased. Obviously, this mini-review only applies to the ones I got from Amazon (link in earlier post) and does not apply necessarily to any other aftermarket ones.

The only cons would be that it doesn't seem to come with the Torx wrench as I noted, and it doesn't come with instructions, so you'll have to download from the link above.

UPDATE: Sorry, the instructions link I posted does NOT show a Torx wrench is included with the OEMs. I based this statement on another set of instructions I found earlier, but that were of lower quality. Hmm: https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/0000-8L-R09.pdf

Will update with any install issues in a few days, after I get a chance to mount them.View attachment 222280
Looking to see what you think after install. I’ve been trying to decide between this mod or some nerf bars.

So I went out on this sunny but bitterly cold MLK day and installed the Amazon rails. Went off without a hitch. Though, full disclosure, getting some of the mounting screws started was a b****. The "problem" is that the screws that come with the rails are high-chrome stainless, and so are completely non-magnetic. So I had to resort to using pieces of duct(k) tape to hold the screws to the torx driver, and then it was difficult to line them up. Anyway, got them all in in the end and the rest of the install (before and after) was easy-peasy.

Yep, I'd recommend these. Pic below after installation:

RailsInstalled.jpg

[...] the only exception is there's no Torx wrench as listed in the OEM list, though I have plenty of Torx bits, so not an issue to me.

Sheepish update: So know I finished the install and sorting out the packing materiel, I found that there WAS a Torx wrench supplied, inserted in the foam block that held all the push-in square trim plugs. Ooops!

In any case, I would've still used my Torx bit in a socket driver, so no matter :)

So I went out on this sunny but bitterly cold MLK day and installed the Amazon rails. Went off without a hitch. Though, full disclosure, getting some of the mounting screws started was a b****. The "problem" is that the screws that come with the rails are high-chrome stainless, and so are completely non-magnetic. So I had to resort to using pieces of duct(k) tape to hold the screws to the torx driver, and then it was difficult to line them up. Anyway, got them all in in the end and the rest of the install (before and after) was easy-peasy.

Yep, I'd recommend these. Pic below after installation:

View attachment 222362
Do you any pics from a front angle? Was there any gaps in the front? I thought I read some reviews that the rails didn’t come all the way to the front like the OEM ones.

Do you any pics from a front angle? Was there any gaps in the front? I thought I read some reviews that the rails didn’t come all the way to the front like the OEM ones.

No, they fit perfectly. No gaps front or rear. The rubber molding under the rail, touches the rubber surround of the windshield, as you can see below. Again, I can only comment on the ones I got from the link on Amazon. I've no idea if other sellers/marketplaces have products that are not as good or not.

RailsInstalledFront.jpg

Those look nice.

I got the OEM ones when I bought my car just in case I wanted to put crossbars on top to carry stuff. Not sure I'll ever use them, but I'm neutral on the look...I see cars that have them and I see cars that don't, and can't say that they either add or detract.

Back