If a cow got in your way! What would you do?

My work firewall blocked the pic, but I can only imagine.
I actually crashed my Civic back in 99 when I locked up the brakes that didn't have ABS trying to avoid a deer. I did manage to avoid the deer, but ended up causing $6500 worth of damage to the car. What happed was I was driving home late at night down a 2-lane per side divided highway (Rt. 2) at about 80 mph. Saw the deer, hit the brakes hard (too hard), locked 'em up, the back end slid out to the right, I steered into the turn with no effect (still on the brakes- I panicked), closed my eyes and watched my life flash in front of my face, crashed the front end of the car into the center guard rail, spun the car, tagged the guard rail w/the back end, spun half way around again and the car came to a rest. Luckily I only damaged the car, and walked away from the accident. The airbags didn't even go off, which sucks 'cause if they had it would have been totalled.
Anywho's- the moral of the story is that you can try to prepare for emergency situations, but when they actually happen, you never know what's gonna go down.

I am glad you are ok from that experience and lived to tell all of us about it! (cheers)
Canecreekfreak said:
My work firewall blocked the pic, but I can only imagine.
I actually crashed my Civic back in 99 when I locked up the brakes that didn't have ABS trying to avoid a deer. I did manage to avoid the deer, but ended up causing $6500 worth of damage to the car. What happed was I was driving home late at night down a 2-lane per side divided highway (Rt. 2) at about 80 mph. Saw the deer, hit the brakes hard (too hard), locked 'em up, the back end slid out to the right, I steered into the turn with no effect (still on the brakes- I panicked), closed my eyes and watched my life flash in front of my face, crashed the front end of the car into the center guard rail, spun the car, tagged the guard rail w/the back end, spun half way around again and the car came to a rest. Luckily I only damaged the car, and walked away from the accident. The airbags didn't even go off, which sucks 'cause if they had it would have been totalled.
Anywho's- the moral of the story is that you can try to prepare for emergency situations, but when they actually happen, you never know what's gonna go down.

I know why! (it took me a few minutes to think of a reason)
My P5 other then needing a new front end it runs excellent! So, if I don't have problems to report or ask for help, I stay busy entertaining some of you that don't mind with my random threads. Here, this one is for you! (cheers)
:)
zoom-pixy-zoom said:
why are you always posting random threads in the P5 section?

Tg5 said:
I know why! (it took me a few minutes to think of a reason)
My P5 other then needing a new front end it runs excellent! So, if I don't have problems to report or ask for help, I stay busy entertaining some of you that don't mind with my random threads. Here, this one is for you! (cheers)
:)
That's cool man, I don't mind random threads. Random threads are the best. The point she is making is that you should just start the thread in the appropriate forum sub-section. Since this thread doesn't have anything to do specifically with P5's, it would be better off in the Photo/Video forum, or Off-Topic sections.

Photo/Video: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Offtopic: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123
(drinks)

Thank you! I was getting hit by all sides! (gun)

peepsalot said:
That's cool man, I don't mind random threads. Random threads are the best. The point she is making is that you should just start the thread in the appropriate forum sub-section. Since this thread doesn't have anything to do specifically with P5's, it would be better off in the Photo/Video forum, or Off-Topic sections.

Photo/Video: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Offtopic: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123
(drinks)

rally drivers always keep driving like nothing happened

one time I was watching the montecarlo WRC race and collin mcrae flipped his focus over the cliff (on these consecutive hairpins), he landed upright, and you could see flames coming out from under the hood on the in-car camera... the car stalled already of course... the flames went out a second later, and he started the s*** back up and drove off like nothing happened... it only costed him 2 whopping seconds :p shortcut!

Yeah, that was crazy, I saw that while I was watching the rally. It always seems to happen, though. I guess they have a lot of animals running around in areas where rallies go on. In Australia 2005, two drivers, Petter Solberg in the Impreza and I forgot who else, hit kangaroos crossing the road, and the damage ended the race for them.

Back