I used to own a cool P5...

:
Dallas, TX
:
2003 Protege5
i have a P5. i have a toyota tacoma. i have no salted roads. they live in a garage. thankfully and fortunately i am not participant in these sad scary situations. 😨
I have three "kids" and all three are black. One is an indoor-outdoor cat named Margaret while the two Mazdas are strictly indoor pets. I won't even bring home table salt in them. These pics scare the bejeezus out of me. :eek:

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
I have two kids one is black and white while the other is red. One is an indoor-outdoor cat named Lucky.
She is a happy and healthy 5 year old with lots of life left in her.

The red cat is an outdoor cat and is over 18 years old now (she was born September 2001). She is slowly dying of cancer.
She was a lot of fun in her Heyday but I may have to take her out behind the barn and put her down soon. LOL

Last edited:
:
03 p5, 92 miata
Some more very sad pictures...

I laugh at what you consider rust!! Ive got a hole in the engine bay under the passenger motor mount which can maybe fit a tennis ball through. Passenger fender is completely detached at the bottom with only side skirt holding it on from, somewhere. Rear quarters have rusted through and bumper is held to them via zipties. No pinch weld to speak of so I do not know how Ill jack the car up if I am to get a flat tire. 252k miles. Keep it going.

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
Well, I'm not doing too bad then.
I've had it undercoated every year since I've had it and go back again in June.

I don't drive too much and I think I can get another 4-5 years out of it.

:
03 p5, 92 miata
dont. look. at. me.

pinch weld
Ux9nSY5l.jpg

passenger fender bottom
A15b2P9l.jpg

motor mount from the outside :D
Zas9eI5l.jpg

:
Dallas, TX
:
2003 Protege5
Does anyone have any helpful advice for @reut1 on how to jack up his car if he gets a flat? Maybe carry around a floor jack and use alternate lift points, or bring a can of Fix-a-Flat along? :)

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
This will work...

But if the tire is flat you probably won't be able to fit the jack in there.

So, then this...

The problem with either way is that you're pushing on the trailing link or lateral link bushings but they should be sturdy enough to support the weight.

Another problem is that you are kind of under the car to Jack it up so it could land on you if it falls and you have to lay down on the ground to place it.

On the front, you can lift on the control arm.

:
03 p5, 92 miata
This will work...

The problem with either way is that you're pushing on the trailing link or lateral link bushings but they should be sturdy enough to support the weight.

Another problem is that you are kind of under the car to Jack it up so it could land on you if it falls and you have to lay down on the ground to place it.

On the front, you can lift on the control arm.

More than likely I am going to keep my spare aluminum floor jack in the car from here on out. I've thought of giving up on this car so many times for years now, but it just wants to keep driving so I will let it decide on it's own when the time has come.

That being said I will be buying another vehicle this spring/summer to keep as its back up. Hopefully a small pickup.

I would but it would have to be one from outside the salt belt.

Maybe one of you guys from Texas can sell me your car?? (free delivery of vehicle would help)

Till then I'll keep spraying my car every year till my ass falls through the floorboards.

(my car was 6 years old and never sprayed when I bought it.)

Damn that rust is gnarly. What do you spray your under body with?