i-Stop on SkyActiv-G with manual transmission

:
CX-5 Sport 6MT
Are there any owners out there who have i-Stop on a SkyActiv-G with manual transmission? I'm curious about the possiblity of adding the system to a US model. From what I read, it's standard on all models but not available at all in the US. I'm curious if it requires a separate controller, or if it could be as easy as installing the button. I know for cost saving purposes auto makers like Toyota use the same ECU, and simply install the needed button for the feature. Example: FJ crusier atrac systems are present, but the button is not there to enable or disable the system. A button and some wiring is all that's needed is to enable the system.

I'm considered buying the Mazda factory service manuals to help get more in depth information on the wide variety of systems in this vehicle.

I'm considered buying the Mazda factory service manuals to help get more in depth information on the wide variety of systems in this vehicle.

I spoke with the Mazda parts counter. I was told factory service manuals are not available yet. I guess I will have to wait until I can get some real information on this car.

I-Stop requires some type of device to stop the engine just after top dead center, after a compression cycle so the piston can be fuel injected and fired to star the engine. I have read in other post that it requires $2-300 of cost and there is no advantage in the US EPA cycle fuel calculations so we do not get it here even though it would improve actual fuel economy in stop and go.

I-Stop requires some type of device to stop the engine just after top dead center, after a compression cycle so the piston can be fuel injected and fired to star the engine. I have read in other post that it requires $2-300 of cost and there is no advantage in the US EPA cycle fuel calculations so we do not get it here even though it would improve actual fuel economy in stop and go.

I don't think there is a "special device". Mazda's "piston position control" is a combination of the electronic throttle body and the alternator. If anything is different I'd suspect the alternator or related components.

http://www.mazda.com/mazdaspirit/env/engine/siss2.html

I'm still interested in this, so if someone comes along that has this on their CX5 then I have a few questions for you.

I don't think there is a "special device". Mazda's "piston position control" is a combination of the electronic throttle body and the alternator. If anything is different I'd suspect the alternator or related components.

http://www.mazda.com/mazdaspirit/env/engine/siss2.html

I'm still interested in this, so if someone comes along that has this on their CX5 then I have a few questions for you.

Leedos is correct. Everything is already there on your car, it is just a software change. That is the beauty of the I-Stop system.

Back