I give up are there any MS6 ECU mod's out there!!!!

jdub260 said:
I think this thread has been....(jacked)

Jacked for your vehicles safety of listening to BAD advice..

Here is how the thread will end..

Wiggum: Why don't you rev your car till 8K??
P5Freek: Because it wasn't meant to be reved till 8K and its not good for it
Wiggum: But I called Mazda and they said with forged internals I could safely spin 10,000 RPMS..
P5Freek: BS
Wiggum: I know, and finally you know why no one punishes the K04 like you do..

Just because the engine revs till 8k doesn't mean it was meant to be done, as is spooling the K04 to 18 PSI at 6500 RPMS on a Mazdaspeed6...

p5freek, I think it's time for you to buy "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell. That's the best 35$ cnd I spent in a while.

Wiggum is right, from what you can read from the turbo compressor map the turbo is nearly maxed out at stock. Ok upping the boost might give you an increase of power but it won't be efficient. Even if the MS6 engine is good for 25psi, the stock turbo won't be able to push passed a certain point and it will just max out. Plus you might just blow up your turbo with all of the extra heat and stress you'll be putting on it.

Same thing applies for MSPs, even if we get a fully forged block the stock T25 is maxed out at 15psi. The same reasonning applies.

Wiggum said:
Thought of an easy way to explain it to you....

Why don't you rev your car till 8K rpms??

ok i think that we better stop now because this is not going anywhere!!!!
every think i say that i do on my car you guys object itby saying it is no good. well im not scared to try stuff and it works, i dont have problem with the warranty. i even show u guys videos and stuff. i guess i will have to dyno my car to see if im wrong or right(RTM)

Last edited:
Ok let me make it simple. The back housing for the K04 is too small to accomodate the cfm for the amount of boost (pressure/volume) above the compressor map (turbine speed efficiency). What happens then is that this creates a stall and then backpressure reversion (hot gasses being forced back into the cumbustion chamber) which causes detonation. What you should do is check (monitor) your egt's under dynamic load while the car is in motion (wot 4th gear and higher).

A GT3063R would be perfect fit for the package @ 15 psi you would be making about 350-400 whp with a good tune (injector upgrade). My .02(peep)

Last edited:
Before this thing gets really personal, lets just agree to disagree. I don't think that any amount of factual knowledge will convince our MTL-based colleague of the disadvantages of pushing the turbo past its point of efficiency. Suffice it to say, he feels good about his car and the changes that he has made. Others are not so sure about the wisdom of these changes (did I mention that I'm waiting for a "MS6 B__m" thread?).

Lets keep this thread on track please. Friends don't let friends threadjack.

Thanks,
R

Rainman said:
Before this thing gets really personal, lets just agree to disagree. I don't think that any amount of factual knowledge will convince our MTL-based colleague of the disadvantages of pushing the turbo past its point of efficiency. Suffice it to say, he feels good about his car and the changes that he has made. Others are not so sure about the wisdom of these changes (did I mention that I'm waiting for a "MS6 B__m" thread?).

Lets keep this thread on track please. Friends don't let friends threadjack.

Thanks,
R

The only way it could be personal is if he has little faith in what he has done. Points expressed here by me and some others, are some what of an educated one. He can take it or leave it, however a smart person would just simply look further than what he pretends to know. If some one dosent want other opinions about a particular action then dont post it on a public forum. Look this is mairly a debate based on the praticality of wether the changes done are worth it. Base on an opnion by some it apparently isnt. Bottom line is that the guy that drops the cheese is what really counts. These "suggestions" are just food for thought nothing more. Keep in mind when there is a KABOOM, KABOOM he will have no one to blame but himself.....some people just like it that way.

Suspension wise and again this is just an opinion is a matter of taste in my mind because unless he in competition where corner balance and spring rates really counts then it would be like me saying a coil over suspension system is better than the OEM parts when it is really your moms/dads ride which is used to get groceries and go to work.....So be it...:)

Last edited:
doogie said:
The only way it could be personal is if he has little faith in what he has done. Points expressed here by me and some others, are some what of an educated one. He can take it or leave it, however a smart person would just simply look further than what he pretends to know. If some one dosent want other opinions about a particular action then dont post it on a public forum. Look this is mairly a debate based on the praticality of wether the changes done are worth it. Base on an opnion by some it apparently isnt. Bottom line is that the guy that drops the cheese is what really counts. These "suggestions" are just food for thought nothing more. Keep in mind when there is a KABOOM, KABOOM he will have no one to blame but himself.....some people just like it that way.

Suspension wise and again this is just an opinion is a matter of taste in my mind because unless he in competition where corner balance and spring rates really counts then it would be like me saying a coil over suspension system is better than the OEM parts when it is really your moms/dads ride which is used to get groceries and go to work.....So be it...:)

im really not taking this personal my friend. i am listening to what you guys are saying !!! im not gonna start crying because u guys dont aprouve of what im doing. im just here to show you what im doing.

p5freek said:
it would be better if you can show us a VIDEO that shows that it doesnt work!!! i showed that it does work.
Take your car to the dyno or do a road run with a scanner attached and read the IAT sensor to show what you're doing. You should also record knock count as I'm sure it's incrementing with the extremely hot hair you're pushing out the turbo and into the engine.
Mike

p5freek said:
it would be better if you can show us a VIDEO that shows that it doesnt work!!! i showed that it does work.

That was meant for people who couldn't understand the stuff above and it goes into detail. I dont care about you two's argument. I posted for reference for anyone who was reading this and wanted to learn.

JDM Sam said:
That was meant for people who couldn't understand the stuff above and it goes into detail. I dont care about you two's argument. I posted for reference for anyone who was reading this and wanted to learn.

ok i see , thanks for the info

p5freek said:
ok i see , thanks for the info
Are you planning on going to the Julep soon? I saw your car last friday but I couldn't find you. It would be nice to have a little chat.

SpeedBeaver said:
Are you planning on going to the Julep soon? I saw your car last friday but I couldn't find you. It would be nice to have a little chat.

yeh i will go friday

Back