Hurricane Isaac progress

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
Just wanted to post this to say I hope everyone in the path of Isaac has good shelter and is doing ok. Hopefully the storm passes with minimal damage. My prayers are with anyone currently dealing with this. Anyone in the affected areas, please keep this thread updated.

Last edited:
finally able to edit and update the first post. Has anyone else had issues trying to edit after initially posting? This has become a big issue for me over the past several days. Like I try to edit and the text box is blocked off and I can't type unless I refresh and click edit like three times. By the way, it took 3 attempts to post this.

Last edited:
Second try...
Sticking it out in Thibodaux, the eye is supposed to pass near this area...it's time to have some fun!!!

idk about the failing dam, i do know that the levees were topped over in a good few places, i was in thibodaux (90 Miles west of NO and a lil south) and took the hurricane head on, storm - eye wall - eye - eye wall - storm....not too much damage in the area, one store did lose the whole front, looks like someone just cut it off for a cross-section look...kinda neat actually

wow, that's crazy. Glad you made it out though. I have several friends in the Louisiana and Mississippi area. I'm still waiting on an update from them. Im originally from SC, but moved to TX due to the military. Never really took a hurricane head on. Most of the time while in SC, they just went around us and slammed FL, GA, then curved around back east and died down. We just got the outskirts of the storm.

Military in TX huh? Thats what brought me to Louisiana from Texas, LOL. Where are you stationed and in what branch? US Coast Guard @ Marine Safety Unit Morgan City here.

US Army @ Ft. Hood. Been here since 07 as an attack helicopter mechanic. Just recently honorably discharged last month actually. Im just staying in the area due to the job opportunities I have here as opposed to what's available back at home. I was going to re enlist but after what I went through on my last deployment, I quickly changed my mind..lol. Plus with a wife and kid, I don't want to deal with any more deployments. Got back from Iraq in December of last year and 5 months later, my unit packs up and moves to Washington. Since I was getting close to my ETS date, they let me stay back to get out. Now, they are prepping to go to Afghanistan. Just way too much action with little to no stability for the family, ya know.

thats the one reason i went CG, i stay my happy butt here on american soil, and if i'd like i can volunteer to go overseas. but much props and respect to all yall that go over there, i can't picture leaving my fiance' under such terms.

Latest posts

Back