How you doing?

:
CX5 GT-R
Damn, need to catch up. Whatcha been buying there Uno?
Oil.

There are several things t hat could happen with my portfolio:

1) The company could go bankrupt...
...but it has great balance sheets and is cash-flow + even for 2020...

2) Oil will never increase in cost...
...highly unlikely, but, hey, I'll take $1/gal all day long any day, except it's now back up to $1.50/gal, so this has already "failed" as a prediction model.

3) I will make a lot of money off of this (relative to the $2625 I invested initially).

4) Society will collapse and money won't matter...
...that sucks. I'll have bigger concerns though.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Got some fish for my tank, finally. You can also see the gradual dynamic lighting changes from the LED light I'm using.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Got some fish for my tank, finally. You can also see the gradual dynamic lighting changes from the LED light I'm using.

Sweet! I remember being a kid and getting read and blue incandescent lights for my hood. I wonder how the fish "see" in the LED spectrum.

:
North of Toronto
:
2019 CX-9 Sig
But...why? Keep in mind in your reply that I just started trading <3mo ago, and am ignorant of a great deal.
I set up a trading acct online couple yrs back, always intended to start putting something into it. Then had a temp income dip. then baby so the money always seems to go somewhere. But, I'm lucky as a teacher I have a pension...so finding investments to fund retirement living is not a thing that keeps me up at night. But it would be fun to try picking.

I always thought I'd do big legacy companies with dividends, then just hold. I did get burned on what seemed like a lot of money in early 2000 (not much now) on Nortel. Was a Canadian darling, safe as safe until it wasn't. It was Blackberry before Blackberry. The experience made me a bit trigger shy.

:
CX5 GT-R
I set up a trading acct online couple yrs back, always intended to start putting something into it. Then had a temp income dip. then baby so the money always seems to go somewhere. But, I'm lucky as a teacher I have a pension...so finding investments to fund retirement living is not a thing that keeps me up at night. But it would be fun to try picking.

I always thought I'd do big legacy companies with dividends, then just hold. I did get burned on what seemed like a lot of money in early 2000 (not much now) on Nortel. Was a Canadian darling, safe as safe until it wasn't. It was Blackberry before Blackberry. The experience made me a bit trigger shy.
Makes sense. I never got into the 401K thing, always preferring to spend money on things like a house, land, etc. I only did this for some quick spending cash.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Makes sense. I never got into the 401K thing, always preferring to spend money on things like a house, land, etc. I only did this for some quick spending cash.
401k works if you know how to use it. Just shoving 100% allocation to a "Retirement Date" fund is pretty much the absolute wrong way to do it.

:
CX5 GT-R
401k works if you know how to use it. Just shoving 100% allocation to a "Retirement Date" fund is pretty much the absolute wrong way to do it.
I just discovered the stock market a couple of months ago. Baby steps...

That said, this week was a good week, and I am weasling closer and closer to a nice white phos gen 3 pvs14 and a MAWL.

I
Screenshot_20200605-201805_Robinhood.jpg

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
It probably depends on what firm you're using. Your current age may also give you some bias. I've been doing that for over 30 years and have no complaints. If I had more investing knowledge than them, I chose the wrong career. :)