Guide: How to swap Touring headlights to Grand Touring on 2016+ CX-9, CX-5 & CX-3

I figured out the turn signal wiring!
8r6Zpg1.jpg

The Grand Touring and Signature headlights require 2 constant 12v inputs for each side of the front turn signals which the Sport and Touring harness is missing.
What I did to test this theory was wire an always on 12v to the 2 wires- white/black wire and blue wire on the GT/Signature harness that I purchased, PN: TK50-51-0K6.

The wire color of the engine harness differs from the headlight harness. The white/black and blue wires on the GT/Signature harness connects to the Gray wire on the engine harness.
PD8dwvN.png

There is an always on 12v at position 50 in the engine fuse box, which was also originally for the hazard and front/rear turn signals.

Engine Fuse Box Diagram
https://www.autogenius.info/mazda-cx-9-from-2016-fuse-box-diagram/
Hi @dongali,

Thanks so much for your post. Very interesting project. May you please tell me where you were able to find the PINOUT diagram for the wiring harness connector?

Also, is there a pinout diagram for the plugs on the headlight itself for the grand touring? It has two 7-pin plugs: one on the bottom and one on the rear. I want to test the LED DRL and the turn signal; but I have not been able to find which pins on which connector lights up the turn signals.

Please help. Thank you.

I figured out the turn signal wiring!
8r6Zpg1.jpg

The Grand Touring and Signature headlights require 2 constant 12v inputs for each side of the front turn signals which the Sport and Touring harness is missing.
What I did to test this theory was wire an always on 12v to the 2 wires- white/black wire and blue wire on the GT/Signature harness that I purchased, PN: TK50-51-0K6.

The wire color of the engine harness differs from the headlight harness. The white/black and blue wires on the GT/Signature harness connects to the Gray wire on the engine harness.
PD8dwvN.png

There is an always on 12v at position 50 in the engine fuse box, which was also originally for the hazard and front/rear turn signals.

Engine Fuse Box Diagram
https://www.autogenius.info/mazda-cx-9-from-2016-fuse-box-diagram/
Hi can I upgrade the chrome Guard(R) Bumper
I mean the
Cover & trim, bright
To my GS base model CX9 2018
To be looking same like the Signeture?

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Hi can I upgrade the chrome Guard(R) Bumper
I mean the
Cover & trim, bright
To my GS base model CX9 2018
To be looking same like the Signeture?

Yes you can, in fact I believe someone here has done that before. Try to use the search function to find the thread. I think they even listed the part numbers for the chrome trim. You will have to remove the rear bumper from the car and do some drilling if you install it yourself.

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
Does anyone know if the GT taillights are plug and play? I know the cx5 taillights are since it uses the exact same wiring harness for the non led taillights.

Latest posts