How To: Remove Roof Rack (P5)

this should of been posted earlier, i messed up on my car and thought it would come off by just riping it off and i made 4 ****** dents on my roof! well its good that this is posted for others to not make mistakes like me!

thanks for posting! Efren

OK, got my fillers. Anyone know how the go on. There are no clips with the fillers, and the Mazda parts guy said he couldn't see any clips on his 'puter. Maybe I should just wait to see what it looks like when the rack is removed.

I traded mine with a canadian so I got the clips from him. You should have two clips already on the car buy you will need 6 more. I am not sure of the part numbers on them though.

Last edited:
Stupid ass Mazda Parts guy. I knew I should have came around the counter and took a look at the computer myself. Dammit, I wanted to get these on this weekend.

ELEmental, can you take a pick of the clips if you get a chance.

When you take off your roof rack at the front of the car you will see one. the rest are exactly like that. I am sure you can rig up another way of attaching it to the car with keeping only the first clip on each side. I will look for a pic.

heres your clips. These are the one that he sent me (thats why they are red)

Attachments

• clips.jpg
    clips.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 898
Thanks for the very detailed class on how to remove the ugly-ass roof rack. When u said the replacement seals were 'hella expensive" how much are we talking because just leaving those 2 black strips on top of the roof makes the car just look like its half-way clean!

Very nice write up,...thanks,...I am trading my Canadian "fill strips" for the "BigAss" USA strips/rack with a forum member and this should help us both out.

RX7jeff said:
Very nice write up,...thanks,...I am trading my Canadian "fill strips" for the "BigAss" USA strips/rack with a forum member and this should help us both out.

THANKS!! .. nice to see I can actually contribute around here.. lol

SWEEET!!!.. the removal takes abt 20 min-25 min... putting it all back together is faster because its all memory.. make sure you have someone help with taking the roof fabric thing off, it tends to want to bend.

ELEmental59437 said:
SWEEET!!!.. the removal takes abt 20 min-25 min... putting it all back together is faster because its all memory.. make sure you have someone help with taking the roof fabric thing off, it tends to want to bend.

any chance of helping me with it on saturday morning when we do my neons?

do they still have em for sale ?

no it was a one time thing for me. the only other p5 with em is their show car. they wont make anymore for some reason. they said the mold is too much of a pain to make.

Matthew said:
any chance of helping me with it on saturday morning when we do my neons?

hey I didnt see this until just now.. you already went off to go start it.. I will help you saturday morning if you want.. It will be fun.

Do think theres a way of just cutting the blots from the outside of the car? Or would teh blots be got off and left rattleing in the roof?

Back