How-To: LED Interior / Reverse / Licence plate lights

in the last pic of the original post, the lisence plate lights look stock, are they or is that the light output for the LEDs?

has anyone changed the dome light with a color light?...i changed mines to red...but the bulbs i bought and used are bright enough for the back seats to light up...if anyone has bought a bulb for it and actually lights up the back seats do you mind telling me the brand or if they have a website to buy them? thank you.

Awsome man! I had already done my map lights blue but couldn't find a bule dome light to fit. I just ordered one from the place you used.

ehh, no biggie. I already ordered them for the license anyway, hopefully it gives me the 'Lexus plate' look i want. Thanks though.

Any chance of LED rear turn signals? I'd love to get rid of that yellow bulb and make the rear of my car completely black/clear when the lights are off. You can see the yellow bulb of the turn signals when it's off.

Edit: and heck.. why not front and side turn signal LED's as well. :p

Edit2: what kind of shifter do you have / is it a shorter throw?

Last edited:
Any chance of LED rear turn signals? I'd love to get rid of that yellow bulb and make the rear of my car completely black/clear when the lights are off. You can see the yellow bulb of the turn signals when it's off.

Edit: and heck.. why not front and side turn signal LED's as well. :p

Edit2: what kind of shifter do you have / is it a shorter throw?

I'm pretty sure it's possible but it might be illegal (who knows), not too sure what size bulbs you would need though, sorry.

I have the TWM short shifter w/ the autoexe knob

I'm pretty sure it's possible but it might be illegal (who knows), not too sure what size bulbs you would need though, sorry.

I have the TWM short shifter w/ the autoexe knob

Illegal!!? Gross.. how will my rear lights ever be all LEDs! I know motorcycles around here have them, legally.. but would that be different for cars?

And does the auto exe knob feel/shift better than stock?

Illegal!!? Gross.. how will my rear lights ever be all LEDs! I know motorcycles around here have them, legally.. but would that be different for cars?

And does the auto exe knob feel/shift better than stock?

lemme rephrase that ... i think it MIGHT be illegal if its the white leds you put for the turn signals ... i might be wrong lol

the autoexe knob is lighter than the weighted stock knob, its only for looks
shifting wise, its not so bad once you get use to the weight difference

lemme rephrase that ... i think it MIGHT be illegal if its the white leds you put for the turn signals ... i might be wrong lol

the autoexe knob is lighter than the weighted stock knob, its only for looks
shifting wise, its not so bad once you get use to the weight difference

Oh, no no, I was talking about amber LEDs..

And is there a way you could shove some lead weights into the shifter? Or is there no space to do so?

Oh, no no, I was talking about amber LEDs..

And is there a way you could shove some lead weights into the shifter? Or is there no space to do so?

Oh in that case you should be fine then ... as for the lead, not too sure, i dont think there's that much space left to do so ...
you can also check out the TWM website for more options on counter-weighted shift knobs

where did you get those leds at?

EDIT: haha never mind i saw it now :p missed it at first

Last edited:
Oh in that case you should be fine then ... as for the lead, not too sure, i dont think there's that much space left to do so ...
you can also check out the TWM website for more options on counter-weighted shift knobs

Yeah, but personally, I think all of their shifters look like crap :(.

Also, would there be a way for me to find out what size LED i'd need for the rear turn signals?

Last edited:
this is a quote I copied from the electronic section

Low beam headlamp (halogen): H7
Low beam headlamp (HID): D2S
High beam headlamp: 9005
Fog/Driving light: H11-55W
Parking light: 1157
Front turn signal: 1157
Rear turn signal: 7440
Tail light: 7443
Stop light: 7443
High mount stop light: 921
License plate: 2825
Back up light: 7440
Front sidemarker: 1157
Map light: 2825
Dome light: DE3175
Trunk/Cargo area: 2825

Source: www.sylvania.com automotive lighting application guide

Jam just caught up to this . Freaky. you are a trip sir. Ok dumb question, How could we turn our center console to the blue, same as gauges. or lime green.mmm. And in the the stack I wonder if you might be able to have say one color in the top half and isolate another at the dials and below. I like the Starship Asian 85. thanks nice write up

Last edited:
Jam just caught up to this . Freaky. you are a trip sir. Ok dumb question, How could we turn our center console to the blue, same as gauges. or lime green.mmm. And in the the stack I wonder if you might be able to have say one color in the top half and isolate another at the dials and below. I like the Starship Asain 85. thanks nice write up

lol important words missing ...

ummmmmmm im pretty sure i saw someone did it on another forum, but it might not have been an easy swap of bulbs, but more technical, with the use of some soldering

wanna do a write up for us ??? lol

I just got finshed sticking my LEDs in the interior, but i have to note that the trunk light is not the same as listed here although my car is a 2006 mazda3 sedan. The bulb needed for the trunk i have is the same as the bulb in the overhead by the windshield.

Can't wait for night time to check them out though.

Back