How-To: LED Interior / Reverse / Licence plate lights

I feel so very sick. Ever since I started modding my honda civic back in 2001 I have been against any sort of "ricer" mod such as colored interior lights, led wheel flashers etc... But I just bought those blue leds for the glove compartment, dome and map lights...

I must be so very ill!

(rofl) hope you enjoy the fly rice hehe ^-^

hmmmmmmmmmmm how can i explain this
ok you know how people are putting HIDs in older model cars and they're SUPER bright when you're driving the opposite way, with all that glare, and from the driver's seat in that car visibilty isnt quite there, well yea, its almost the same, its bright but its kinda hard to look for something, sometimes. Maybe its just me (sad2) lol

I installed them a few minutes ago. I went with white LEDs for the map and interior lights. I did run one map light versus the old one. It's much brighter. Very cool looking. I also like the improvement on the license plate light. This is a cool mod!

Thanks for posting this.

Last edited:
I installed them a few minutes ago. I went with white LEDs for the map and interior lights. I did run one map light versus the old one. It's much brighter. Very cool looking. I also like the improvement on the license plate light. This is a cool mod!

Thanks for posting this.

No prob, glad that you like them :)

Thanks for posting this.

Could you post pics?

Also, could someone post pics of the LED license plate changeover? Thanks!

Do the LEDs from superled seem to be on par with the quality of LEDs from the xenon store? I like the looks of the xenon store site much better than superled but the prices seem to be higher as well? Anyone know?

I only did the dome/map lights and the trunk light.. But while pulling the old trunk light bulb out the fucker fell into the TINY hole below the socket and fell in the fender well. hopefully it settles somewhere snug and doesnt roll around making noise all the time UGH lol

It was the anti- rice gods spitting fourth their karma unto me ;)

I only did the dome/map lights and the trunk light.. But while pulling the old trunk light bulb out the fucker fell into the TINY hole below the socket and fell in the fender well. hopefully it settles somewhere snug and doesnt roll around making noise all the time UGH lol

It was the anti- rice gods spitting fourth their karma unto me ;)

LOL that same thing happened to me !!! (chair)

Last edited:
This is totally and amazingly rice.

And I am sooooo going to do it. Lol. A little bit of rice makes the world go round.

I ordered my LEDs yesterday. Thanks for the great writeup, my MS3 is pretty much stock but now that i've had her for a year it's time to start doing stuff. This seems like an easy start.

I am going to do new map and dome lights, but I have been thinking about putting something in the foot wells. Has anyone put any LEDs there? Would I just get a long LED and wire it into the battery? I don't want it wired to the cigarette lighter, but the battery could cause some problems. I don't know. Any thoughts on that? I couldn't find another thread that talked about it.

Wow this is awesome and a cheap project for my M3. I just orded the LEDs, although i just got the ones needed for interior and trunk which is cool with me.

Can't wait to install.

Back